Chapter 1 ~ Riverclan

"Oh no!" . Hazeldawn, A Riverclan queen shouted in her head. "Briarpool!". She yowled helplessly. A sleek, dark brown tabby she-cat padded into the nursery, her yellow eyes panicked. "What is it, Hazeldawn!". She sighed. "My kits are coming I think!". She groaned, as the sleek dark brown tabby she-cat set a light paw on her stomach. "It hurts like hell!". Hazeldawn yowled in her head. "They are! Someone go get my herbs, and go find Sunsky!". The brown tabby she-cat yowled. "You're a medicine cat! Do something Briarpool!". Hazeldawn yowled. "I'm trying!". Briarpool growled, as she felt a contraction come from the kitting queen. "Bite this stick now, and push Hazeldawn!". Briarpool yowled. "She might die If she doesn't start trying to push!". The young medicine cat yowled in her head. As Hazeldawn gripped the stick, she bit down on it, and yowled, pushing. A small bundle slipped onto the moss under her. A fluffy white tom, with jet black stripes padded into the nursery, and instantly started cleaning the kit. "Thank you Sunsky". Briarpool purred. "At least someone is being useful! If she doesn't get the other two kits out, she's going to die!". She muttered in her head. Hazeldawn scorched her teeth into the stick, as another bundle slipping into the moss. "One more, my love!". Sunsky purred. Hazeldawn yowled, biting the stick, as one last bundle slipped into the moss under her. Sunsky instantly finished licking the second kit, and started on the third and final one. Briarpool set the cleaned kits by their mother, and took the one from their father, Sunsky. "What are we naming them?". Sunsky asked, looking to his mate for approval for their kits naming ceremonies. "I should let them be for now". Briarpool muttered. "I will let you two be for now, Tell me how they are when you next leave the nursery, Sunsky". She purred, and padded swiftly out of the den. "This kit looks like a Heatherkit, This one looks like Sagekit, And this looks like... Russetkit!". Hazeldawn muttered in her head, turning to her mate. She pointed to the broad shouldered dark brown she-kit with white and lighter brown flecks. "This will be Heatherkit". She purred, swishing her tail over her daughter, Heatherkit. Sunsky nodded with approval. "I was thinking Russetkit, for our only son". Sunsky pointed a paw to the broad shouldered jet black tom with lighter patches. "So was I, And I totally agree". Hazeldawn purred. "Oh, And Sagekit for our other she-kit". She added, looking up at her mate. "I hope these kits grow to be great warriors!". She boomed joyfully in her head. "Those are all perfect names! I will notify Reedstar of our kits birth, and their names". Sunsky purred, nuzzling his mate, before padding out of the den, to where a light brown tabby speckled tom stood. "Hazeldawn's kits were born. Heatherkit, Sagekit, And Russetkit". He boomed, giving his chest fur an awkward lick. "Congratulations, Sunsky! I will announce this at high stones!". Reedstar, the light brown tabby speckled tom leaps powerfully onto high stones, and yowled. "Let all cats old enough to fish gather here to hear my words!". The clan gathered around. Sunsky sat beside Crowswing, the Riverclan deputy. "Greenleaf has brought us new kits! Sunsky and Hazeldawn have had their first litter, Heatherkit, Sagekit, And Russetkit!". He yowled, and the clan cheered. "Heatherkit! Sagekit! Russetkit!". The clan cheered joyfully, as the moon rose into the night sky. The clan began to head to their dens. "Where am I? Who's this? Oh, She's my mother! Do I have a father? I wonder where I was born". The tall, broad shouldered she-kit known as Heatherkit purred in her head, and fell softly asleep with her siblings.