"alright, alright! no more talk about the mystery mage." chan glanced at minho apologetically. he only shrugged in return. "besides, minho can read auras, can't he? i'm sure if jisung had evil intentions that he would have been the first person to have noticed," the oldest mumbled while turning his attention back to the meat that he noticed changbin had started 'stealing' by transferring the bites to felix's already stuffed to-go box. hyunjin pouted but was quick to apologize in case they had accidentally made minho feel like they had underestimated his power.

minho just kind of awkwardly nodded his head in response, not really feeling the need to accept the apology when they didn't really do anything wrong, but still wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. he wanted to head out for the cerulean cosmos as soon as he possibly could; the sooner he got the flower jisung had requested, the faster he could finish fixing the mage's wand without having to stress himself out over the second half of the order.

and maybe (just maybe!) it would mean getting to see jisung earlier than what he originally expected.

minho stumbled over to the counter of his emporium where his mother was staring at him with almost an evil smirk. she was a powerful witch - there was no way one of her teleportation spells would be so unstable so suddenly, and minho was proven to be absolutely correct by her sudden burst of laughter and the flood of apologies that followed. he couldn't find it in him to be mad when the trek to finding what was now a beautiful bouquet of one of the rarest flowers in the world had felt just as easy as stealing small amounts of money from the fake emporiums nearby. 

"the protection spell your customer casted was that powerful, huh?" minho's mom held her hand out until an empty vase had practically thrown itself across the room to let her hold it. it was empty, overwatering being a 'big no-no' for cosmos, and set the flowers inside for them to be displayed beautifully until jisung returned. "you came back with a greater batch of these things than the luckiest loser on earth could ever come up with."

minho straightened up and lifted his chin in a prideful manner, though the only thing he really did was pick flowers while jisung's spell warded off anything that attempted to approach him within a 25- kilometer radius. "of course i did. when have i ever half-assed anything?" minho lifted himself onto the counter in a comfortable sitting position and ignored the look his mom was giving him. "i mean- ignoring the fact that i didn't really have to do anything, did you really think i was going to let an opportunity to grab up some more pass me by?"

she shrugged and gently stroked one of the petals. minho had to admit; an abundance of the flowers were far more beautiful in person than any picture printed in the newspapers. they were a perfect balance of blue and white hues that shimmered ever so slightly under proper sunlight. minho would make sure to care for each flower in his care, including the one jisung had already enchanted with his magic. "i'll leave you to it then," his mom said, breaking him from his chain of thought about a cute mage (that may have been named jisung, but he wasn't about to tell you that). "and i know i didn't say this before, but i'm proud of you, honey."

the corners of his lips quirked up at her compliment. minho was proud of himself too. his hard work and patience were finally paying off. "thanks for helping me out, mom. love you."

"i love you more, min." she sauntered off to the front door and gave a quick glance back at her son, though minho's attention was now focused on the poor wand that had started to tremble sadly in front of him. "and make sure you really give that mage a special thank you for going through all that work to protect you, yeah?"

minho scoffed. as if she wasn't aware she raised a gentleman.