Chapter 4: Secrets

Começar do início

"Nothing." Rick replied.He was annoyed.

"Where's Lanne?" Howard asked. Rick walked away to catch up with Hazel. Hazel was already in the place where Felicia, Elsa and Cecile were standing .

"Hey cousin!" Elsa exclaimed. Felicia's attention was caught, she was busy getting some books from her locker. Cecile smiled at Hazel.

"Hey Elsa!" Hazel answered. She was urgent to tell Felicia everything. Felicia closed her locker and looked at Hazel delightedly.

"Hazel! You're here finally." Felicia exclaimed.

"Yeah I just arrived with Rick."

"Oh where's Lanne? I haven't seen her these days." Cecile asked curiously. Felicia got into silence as Cecile and Elsa watched Hazel for response.

"Yeah, where's Lanne? I've been texting her." Elsa added. Hazel quickly pulled Felicia aside, away from Cecile and Elsa.

"Excuse us." Hazel told Cecile and Elsa.

"What's the matter?" Felicia whispered.

"I have so many things to tell you about Lanne. We have to go to the private place." Hazel whispered back. Then, Felicia and Hazel and Rick went to the cafeteria which is empty in the morning before the classes begin.

"You mean Lanne showed up in the mirror again last night?" Felicia explained after hearing Hazel's explanation.

" You gotta be kidding us. You lost Lanne's phone and saw it in the mirror later on?" Rick asked.

Yes. This is not because of my trauma, my phone has auto-record conversation, so I checked it out but again it was real, very real like what I said." Hazel played the conversation for them to hear Lanne's voice.

"Oh my... Lanne!" Rick exclaimed.

"Turn that off." Felicia got the wireless phone and stopped the conversation.

"What's the matter?" Hazel asked.

"Somebody might be watching us." Felicia whispered. The three left the cafeteria because the first period is going to start soon.

Hazel and the others reached their classes. Melvin, Howard Elsa and Cecile and the other classmates were already there seated. Selina, on the other hand was seated away from their circle of friends somewhat isolated at the the back looking away from Hazel. Hazel planned to approach Selina, but the bell rang and their teacher - Mr. Forrestine entered the classroom. Hazel, Felicia, Rick settled down, afterwards they greeted Mr. Forrestine which is Felicia's father.

"Okay, class. Let's start with the attendance." Mr. Forrestine told them. "Maverick Erkison." Fred started calling their names.

"Present." Rick responded quickly.

"Cecile Hilenne."

"Present." Cecille replied.

"Jockielanne Szitscardigan." Fred called, no one responded. "Lanne has been gone for two days already, does anyone knows where Lanne is? Hazel, do you know where Lanne is, is she sick?" Fred called.

"She's indeed sick." Hazel answered.

"Lets just pray that she would get well soon." Fred said.

After the checking of attendance. Mr. Forrestine went to discuss the lesson, when suddenly Deena comes in the classroom late. Everybody watched her get in.

"Mr. Forrestine, I'm really sorry I'm late." Deena apologized and went back to her seat. Hazel, Felicia and Rick watched her with Suspicion, this time she wasn't wearing the necklace around her neck anymore. Fred went back to discussion.