2 - A Foreign Land

'Where am I?' Neteyam stood up and surveilled his surroundings.

He walked around for a moment but paused when he starts to feel an ache on the left side of his chest. Deciding to sit down, he found a tree with a good amount of shade to block the sun's rays, but before he could sit, he yelps out feeling the uncomfort  of the the bark.  

It was very hard, and pieces of bark were scratching his back. 'What is this place?' He thought.

He hears movement behind him and, based on instinct, goes to hide.

"Hello?" A feminine voice calls out. "Is anyone there? If so, please come out, I should be the one afraid in the chance you tell my father of my where abouts." She chuckled nervously.

With his mind made up, Neteyam moved from behind the tree he used to conceal his body.

Finding the body of the voice, they both let out a gasp. 'What on pandora, is this?' She looked na'vi, she had the 4 fingers, the blue skin, but it looked different. Tinted a bit grey. Her hair was in braids with curls coming out of them, and her eyes were big and grey - only a shade lighter than her skin.

The girl was stunned, 'who is this?' She questioned. He was tall, with very long legs, she noted. Although he looked very different to what she was used to, he was blue, completely not tinted a bit grey like her, and his eyes were yellow-green colour. 

"Hello." Neteyam started with a bit of hesitation in his voice.

"Hello, who are you?" The girl asked confusedly.

"Uhh, my name is Neteyam."

"Neteyam? That's...odd. Where are you from, Neteyam?" The girl asked.

"The um, uhh- the Omaticaya clan." He answered honestly, as he couldn't think of any lies that would've been believable. Her eyes went wide. 

"You should not be here. It is dangerous for one like yourself." She stated quickly.

"I don't even know where I am. I just remember.." He stated nervously.

"Remember what?"

"Being on a boat, it was big and made of metal. Then, being on this rock with my family looking down at me."

"What happened after that?"

"I don't know." Silence. "What's your name?" He asked her.

"Lei'wa." She hesitated before saying the next part. "I am the only child of the chief of this land."

"And what land may this be?" Neteyam questioned.

"The land of the Ash People." Now it was Neteyam's turn for his eyes to go wide.

"I-I've heard the stories...are they?" He carefully asked, afraid of what she could do to him.

"Yes, they are true." She answered, turning her back to him and fiddle with the grass.

"Then why have you not killed me?" Neteyam asked.

"Because I hate that we are known for those stories." She sighed and started walking away. "Aren't you coming?" She turned back with a small smile on her face.

✧⋆·˚ ༘ *✧⋆·˚ ༘ *✧⋆·˚ ༘ *

Neteyam and Lei'wa walked around together before the came across a patch of grass they chose to sit on.

"How come the tress hurt when I try to lay on them?" Neteyam spoke.

"Because they do not like feeling helpful." She answered absentmindedly. "You must tell me if you are from the Omaticaya clan... How did you end up here?" Lei'wa queried.