8. Tear in my heart (I'm alive)

Start from the beginning

Cole lowered his wand. "What the flying frick is this all about? Hollie, when did this... happen?"

I twigged on, something about my appearance had changed. Panicking I grabbed onto my wrist where my new tattoo lay, only to see blank skin. Slowly, I turned to the floor length mirror, and almost screamed.

I was a completely different person.

My hair was properly ginger and long, my cheekbones angular and eyes a dark brown. I was the same height but my face and hands were dotted in freckles.

"What the hell?" I screamed.

"She put on the necklace and it happened." Hollie trembled.

"Take off the necklace." Cole demanded. With trembling hands I threw the necklace down, and with a swear of relief I looked down to see my tattoo once more. "What the bloody hell did Dumbledore leave you?"

I tossed the necklace at Cole, and he let out a loud laugh, shutting the door behind him. "Oh, Samantha Lockwood, you bloody genius."

"Are you going to explain why I morphed into practically an older version of my dead best friend?" I snapped.

"Okay," Cole said, brushing his long hair from his eyes. "This is a warp star necklace. It's extremely rare. Sam wrote a thesis about it for this mega important wizard academic journal. I know a lot about this, she went on about her research for almost two straight months."

"So it just lets me turn into a random person?"

Cole shook his head. "Inside the heart of the necklace there's blood of a metamorphagus, which when added to the essence of a star, sees into your heart and gives you a way of concealment. So it could turn you invisible, into somebody who could fade into a background-or in your case, a girl who could easily pass for a Weasley."

"Oh my god," I said softly. "I can use this to go undercover, see things without people knowing it's me!"

"That's not the best part." Cole said with twinkling eyes. "The necklace also protects you from nasty curses and not to mention looks mega cute with your outfit."

Cole put it back into my hand, and I closed my fist around it, the pulsing calming me. "Well," I said. "I suppose we'll have Fred call off that polyjuice potion for me."

*******

Four hours later and I was with Gennie at the marquee entrance, under my new ginger alias-Lena Stark. She was a real person, Fleur's distant third cousin who'd died years ago from pneumonia. Everybody was a bit overwhelmed with the necklace's power, but we were all just happy I was protected.

"I still think it's really weird seeing you like this, Ro-Lena." Gennie said in a whisper, as she directed a couple of Fleur's cousins to their seats.

The marquee looked amazing, a long purple carpet travelling through the middle, fragile platinum gold chairs facing in long rows towards the balloon clad area where Bill and Fleur were getting married.

Gennie and me were showing people to their seats, which was both tedious but interesting.

"Tell me about it, I have good eyesight, it's all quite weird-yes, Mr and Mr Tomlinson, you're on the seventh row there-"I replied, getting distracted after showing a couple to their seats.

"You could do anything now if you wanted, be anyone." Gennie said enviously. "You could get out of this whole mess."

"Yeah, well I have duty to my brother, so-yes Miss Lightwood, you're just down there-"

"And look, here are the cutest people of the day." Gennie said with a smile, and I looked up from the seating plan to see Lacey, George (who was holding Maia) and Fred approach us.