Prologue

The stars beamed down from the dark as fireworks began to be shot up across the night sky.

Tying her hair in a bun with goosebumps expanding on her skin as the cool breeze rushed by while staring amazingly through the window. Samantha Sawyer-Wei leaned against the wall, studying the sky and it's fascinating features.

The click of a door opening behind her brought her back to reality. She looked over her shoulder and saw a girl with brunette hair, a black jacket, ripped jeans, and a striped black and white shirt. Scarlett Thompson, walked through the door with her usual bright smile.

Samantha grabbed her jacket and closed the window. She sat down on the bed and gave her friend a small smile as Scarlett sat next to her.

"I texted you almost three hours ago. I figured you were busy so I came here." She fixed her long, brunette hair and looked over at Samantha.

"Running sims again. You know, the usual. Nothing new from me." Scarlett smiled lightly.

"Wanna hang out tonight? You can meet my friends. You know it's been awhile since the last time we spent time together."

Samantha shrugged. "I've got nothing better to do anyway. What about your mom though?"

Scarlett let out a chuckle. "I'm actually going out tonight to get away from my mom. We both know her pretty darn well."

Samantha let out a sigh. "Alright. I'll meet you in an hour. I wanna stay here to make sure my moms get back. I'm gonna watch the news too."

Both girls stood up and walked up to the door. "Well then I'll see you later Samy. I'm gonna be around and about until you text me."

Samy smiled. "See ya Scar."

Samy watched as her best friend disappeared from her sight and shut the door lightly. She sighed and sat down on the chair in front of the TV. She turned on the TV and grabbed her cup of water.

She heard the door open and at the corner of her eye she saw her mothers walk inside.

"This is gonna be a long night."