"You know I'll always be there for you, cariño. No matter what. But for the future... perhaps it's worth a try to forget about what happened. Leave the past behind", Misa suggests, well aware that those were the last words Erin wanted to hear at the moment, but she decided to tell her anyway.

Hearing those words, Erin's eyes cracked open.

But she didn't answer.

She simply stares out the window, her back still turned towards Misa.

If it would be so simple to leave the past behind, she probably would've done that by now.

And of course Erin knew her girlfriend was right. The fact that enough time had passed and maybe, if the reason for her anger towards Jenni weren't that bad anymore, she would be able to forget her. To forgive her.

But there was no way Erin would ever allow that to happen.

Because the striker was, in fact, destroying her life.

Meanwhile downstairs, Martha had plopped down onto the couch, Patri by her side, while Alexia and Leila were standing at the kitchen counter.

Since the winger was the only one familiar with the past Alexia and Erin shared, she was certain her friend needed someone to talk to in that moment.

And Alexia could definitely use that.

Propping her hands up against the kitchen island, the midfielder takes one deep, shaky breath after another, trying to calm her nerves after everything she just heard.

The things that Jenni confessed.

"Ale...", a soft voice beside her speaks up, before a warm hand gently finds its way to her lower back.

"I can't believe what she said, Leila... how dare she not even try to look after Erin after what she did? She... she may not know it... but with what she did, she destroyed my life too", Alexia sighs sadly, the memories of those last few years, especially the months after they were ripped apart, very present in her mind.

Hugging her friend from the side, Leila can't imagine how hard it must be.

Seeing Alexia like that, so broken and on the verge of tears, the winger wished Jenni would come back so she could just punch her in the face.

Because in a way, that's what she deserves.

"Is that why your friendship fell apart, Ale?", Leila questions softly, so only Alexia could hear.A slight shrug of the captain's shoulders was enough to answer her question.

"I couldn't stand to look at her anymore, Leila... I couldn't imagine the way Erin was suffering through all of this. Alone. I could picture her completely depressed every time I looked at my best friend. So I... I told Jenni to leave. I told her I didn't want to see her anymore", Alexia breathes, her heart hammering into her chest as she holds onto the edge of the kitchen island, supporting herself as her entire body freezes.

Somehow, she even felt a little sick.

"I get your point. You chose your love over your friend... and I can't blame you, to be honest. I probably would've done the same thing", Leila nods, assuring her friend that she would be by her side, no matter what the captain decides to do.

Hearing that word, Alexia's eyes shoot up.

Her cheeks blush that light shade of rose, and the captain's delicate lips form the smallest of smiles.

Love.

"Maybe... But it's... not that easy. I wish it was, though", the midfielder blushes, nervously running her fingers through her hair as she turns away, trying to hide the blush on her cheeks.