TBBT: The Sibling Realignment

Começar do início

Y/n, who had just walked into the office stood stunned at the doorway.

Y/n: I wouldn't say you picked on him but you weren't always the nicest but neither was he to be fair. Hey Leonard, didn't expect to see you here.
Leonard: I didn't expect to come here but here I am.
Y/n: Is this about Sheldon's wedding? I told him I'm not going behind my husband's back anymore!
Leonard: No! No, he wants George to come to the wedding as well he just really get how to settle their differences.
George: He thinks I picked on him.
Leonard: Well, what about the time you threw away his Halloween costume?
George: Well, yeah, 'cause he was gonna dress as some girl scientist.
Leonard: Madame Curie?
George: I didn't know she was a madam.
Y/n: Why don't I remember that?
George: Come on, he was still gonna get beat up
for wearing that dress.
Leonard: Didn't you sit on his head while he tried to watch Star Trek?
George: Well, yeah, but that was hilarious.
Leonard: That is pretty hilarious.
Y/n: You should've been there.
George: Look, I mean, uh... I always looked out for him at school, I drove him everywhere, I apologized to people when he was rude.
Leonard: Yeah. I've done all that. I've also removed all the red balloons from his Lucky Charms, because they weren't "Irish enough."
George: All right, so you know what I'm talking about. And has he ever thanked you?
Leonard: Not in so many words... Or any words.
George: Would it kill him to actually say it?
Leonard: No. No, it wouldn't kill him.
George: Leonard... You know how I got the money
to open up my first store? I busted my ass for it, 'cause all the extra money that we had, had to go to Sheldon, so he could go to college, and he could go study in Germany.
Y/n: We had to sell my car to keep things here afloat. We already had a kid and another on the way and he still gave it his all for him.
George: And do you know what he's never said to me?
Leonard: Danke schön? It's "thank you" in German.
Y/n: Do you need him to sit on your head?
Leonard: Nope.
George: After all my sacrifices, guess which kid my mom is the most proud of.
Leonard: If it makes you feel any better, my mom's most proud of Sheldon too, so...
George: Leonard, you want a beer?
Leonard: Yeah, I would love a beer.
George: There you go.
Leonard: Thanks. Can you open it for me?
George: No. It's a twist-off.
Leonard: I know.

George took the lid off and gave it back to Leonard whilst Y/n chuckled at the scene and shrugged when George looked at her.

Leonard: So wait- you guys got married at 19?!
George: We had our first kid at 17, my little girl who's at college and staying away from boys!

Y/n winked and shook her head.

Leonard: Is that so?
George: Of course, she'd never lie to me. Unlike my wife.
Y/n: Blame your mother, not me. She was the one who sat me down and told me I couldn't tell you before I went the first time behind your back. You knew about the first few visits but that was before Leonard here had moved in with him.
George: That I did. Did you go whilst you were pregnant?
Y/n: With the twins? I- yes! Yes, I remember your creepy friend, what was his name?
Leonard: Which one?
Y/n: The one with that godawful hair cut and clothes.
Leonard: I was going to ask which one again but Howard.
Y/n: Howard! Yeah, he kept trying to touch my stomach and saying really weird things. Are you still with that blonde- you said you were with her -what was her name?
Leonard: Penny? She's my wife.
Y/n: ...What?
Leonard: I know, she married me of all people.
Y/n: Are you a high earner Leonard?
George: Sit back down.
Y/n: You should see the girl we're on about-
George: Still wouldn't be as pretty as you.
Y/n: I've trained him well.
Leonard: I see that, Penny doesn't have to train me.
Y/n: I see that.
George: Alright, enough of that.
Leonard: Twins? That must be a handful?
George: It is. One boy and girl.
Leonard: Like Sheldon and Missy?
Y/n: Exactly like Missy and Sheldon.
George: Except my boy's just smart and picky with his food. He's not got all that other Sheldon stuff about him and I can take him camping happily.
Y/n: He likes to fish.
George: You see, my Dad used to take me on these kinds of trips and I wanted to carry it on with little Liam.
Leonard: That's nice, my Dad was too scared of my mother to do anything too nice with me.
Y/n: Sheldon sent me a picture of him and your mother. He asked if they looked alike- it was weird.
Leonard: That's because she loves Sheldon more than she ever loved me.
Y/n: Does everyone's mother just adore Sheldon or something?
George: I think there's something up there.
Leonard: No she's like him in a sense.
Y/n: Oh...
George: He found another one of his species.
Leonard: You bet.
Y/n: I'd like to meet Amy at least.
George: We're not going.
Y/n: Please-
George: We're not having this conversation. Our baby sitters won't be in town, we have nowhere to send the twins.
Y/n: You know one of my friends would happily look after them.
George: Still no.
Leonard: Didn't he go to your wedding?
Y/n: He did, Georgie please.
George: Calling me Georgie again isn't going to help you.
Y/n: I've tried every way here, Leonard. It's no hope.
Leonard: What if you speak to Sheldon, get him to apologise for everything he's done to you.
Y/n: I'd like to hear that.
George: Not as much as I would. Listen, if he gives me a full apology I will come to his wedding, both of us will.
Leonard: Okay! I will get him to apologise!

———————————————

Leonard: Sheldon, you need to apologize
to your brother.
Sheldon: I'm sorry?
Leonard: Yes, like that but nicer and that way.
Sheldon: I have nothing to apologize for.
George: Huh. I told you this was a bad idea. Sometimes you can't patch a tire, you just got to buy a new one. Actually, that's always the case.
Never patch, buy new.
Sheldon: While I appreciate your folksy tire wisdom, I don't appreciate what you're putting Mom through.
George: What would you know about what Mom's been through? You were never home.
Leonard: Yeah. This is good, get it all out.
Sheldon: Not now.
George: Shut up!
Y/n: Best to stay out of it.
George: You went away to college after Dad died. Who do you think took care of everything? Mom did. Mom always took care of everything.
George: Mom was a mess. Missy was a dumb teenager. I had to look after both of them.
Sheldon: I talked to Mom all the time. If she was upset, she would have told me. Why didn't you tell me?
Y/n: Sheldon I was 19yr with a toddler and baby, my husband had to work longer hours, I had Missy running away from home to us so often I started making an extra plate for her in case. Everything was a mess, I didn't have time to even take a minute to myself.
Sheldon: I spoke to you often, why wouldn't you tell me? Why?!
George: She was protecting you, you idiot,
just like everyone always does.
Sheldon: If things were so bad, then why didn't you tell me?
George: Because I was protecting you too. You're my baby brother, Sheldon. I know life has been hard for you, but that don't mean it's been easy for the rest of us.
Sheldon: I suppose I didn't think about
how it was for everyone else.
George: No, that's all right. I know you didn't.
Sheldon: I'm sorry.
George: Thank you.
Sheldon: And it would mean a lot to me
to have my big brother at my wedding.
George: I wouldn't miss it.
Leonard: Is it me or did we just patch a tire?
Y/n: I think we did.
Sheldon: He said "never patch." Do you even listen?

—————————————

Y/n: Georgia! Sit down before I give your lunch to the dog.
Georgie: Yes Mama.
Y/n: Where's your Dad- Hey Mary, nice to see you - George! Connie is here and I think you want to say goodbye to your eldest daughter before we leave.
George: Calm down, I'm right here. Where's my little girl?
Connie: Here Dad.
Georgia: What about me?
George: Making my way round.
Liam: I don't want you to go, Mama.
Y/n: I'll be back in 3 days, Connie will be looking after you the whole time.
Liam: Mama.
Y/n: I love you, be good for her please.
Liam: I love you too.
Y/n: If you go into your room there's that book you've asking for wrapped up on your bed.
Liam: Thank you! I love you!
Y/n: You better- Connie, call me if anything-
Connie: Mom, I got this. I can handle my baby siblings.
Y/n: Okay, you're all grown up. It's making me sad.
Connie: The twins are still really young.
Y/n: Yeah but you're not and neither's your brother- I have no clue where he is.
Connie: Not coming.
Y/n: Of course he's at that racing thing- well don't call him for help. He thicker than your Dad.
Connie: Well aware.
George: We gonna get this show on the road?
Y/n: Wait, I haven't said goodbye to my little girl yet,
Georgia: Don't go.
Y/n: I love you, I'll be back in 3 days.
Georgia: Mama!
Y/n: On your bed is that new Nintendo game you wanted wrapped up, I love you.
Georgia: Thank you, I love you, bye!
Y/n: Too easy.
George: Let's go!
Y/n: I'm coming, I'm coming!

I did it. Two chapters in two days? I'm a new person.