iii. i'm fine, i promise you

Start from the beginning

     "He's here!" Ethan yelled, running to the small kitchen to search for a knife— the same ones he had made sure to hide before Chad arrived back. "Shit! chad where are our knives?"

     Chad, now also trying to find something to defend himself with, threw up his hands in the air. "I don't know, Landry! Neither one of us ever use them!"

     Suddenly the door burst open and Quinn barged inside, going straight for Chad. He swung his fist and her, hitting Quinn square in the jaw. She fell to the ground, allowing Chad time to grab his bedside lamp and smash it over her head.

    "Ethan, call Mindy and Sadie and tell them to not come over here!" Chad demanded, grabbing Ghostfaces wrist as Quinn tried to plunge the knife into him.

     Ethan nodded his head, taking his phone out. He pressed the call button and held the phone up to his ear, forcing his breath to be shaky in case he would be on speaker phone. Sadie picked up within the first two rings.

"Hello?" Sadie questioned, throwing Mindy a confused glance. "Wait- what? Slow down, Ethan."

"What's going on?" Mindy asked in concern.

Ethan rambled on about how they were both attacked by Ghostface and had both been stabbed several times. Sadie wanted to laugh at the fact that Ethan had to be stabbed for him to not seem suspicious.

"Okay, we'll be right there!" Sadie cried, pressing the end call button. She turned to Mindy in distress, "Chad and Ethan were attacked."

Sadie and Mindy raced up the stairs of the building, going as fast as they could to get to the boys' dorm. Mindy gasped in horror upon seeing the blood trail that led out into the hallway, assuming it had came from Ghostface.

They swung open the door, facing the sight of both Ethan and Chad laying on the ground, both soaked in their own blood. Sadie bit down on her lip, rushing over to Ethan and he shot her an irritated look. Sadie pressed her hands down on two of Ethan's wounds, trying to suppress the bleeding. Although, she could tell by just simply looking between the twos, that Ethan's cuts weren't as deep as Chads.

Chad's eyes fluttered open and shut as Mindy held him, crying. She too was providing as much pressure to his wounds as she could. Sadie forced tears to weld in her eyes as she looked down at Ethan. If it weren't for the fact that he was bleeding out right now, he would've had to hold back laughter at his girlfriends performance.

"Where did they go?" Sadie asked Ethan, bottom lip quivering.

"I don't know. They bolted when the sound of a police siren went by," Ethan muttered out, wincing at the pain coming from his abdomen.

"Chad, please stay with me," Mindy whispered, cupping his face into her hands. "No, don't close your eyes!" Chad's body fell limp. "Chad! Wake up!"

Sadie put on a face of fear, throwing a bloodied hand over her mouth to suppress sobs as she watched Chad become motionless. Sirens began to wail in the background, as Sadie had phoned the police as soon as she got off the phone with Ethan. She has to act as if she would if she weren't a killer to not raise suspicions.

     Ethan gulped from underneath Sadie, and he looked into her eyes, a sense of happiness in them. Sadie propped his head into her lap as Mindy raced out of the door to go get the police. Ethan opened his mouth to talk but Sadie slapped a hand over it, she wasn't sure if Chad was actually dead or not, and she wasn't going to risk him hearing anything that could expose them.

      The paramedics and Mindy rushed into the room quickly, a woman pulling Ethan off of Sadie and into her care. Mindy and Sadie stood together, embracing each other in tears as both boys got pulled onto stretchers and transported down into ambulances.

     It was the next day and Sadie and Anika stood beside Ethan's bed, looking at the sleeping boy in sorrow. Sadie did feel bad about him having to suffer stab wounds just for their plan to work.

     Unfortunately, for Quinn, Sadie, and Ethan, Chad pulled through and was currently stabilized through an oxygen mask. The doctors announced that it would take a couple days for him to get back in regular routine, but that he would be free to go home in the next day or so. Ethan had been stitched up in all five places where Quinn stabbed him and he was currently undergoing pain medication.

     Quinn and Sadie had a small argument once Sadie had arrived home from the hospital about how Quinn didn't deliver the plan effectively. This only led Quinn to shout at Sadie about how she couldn't stick to a schedule.

     The room door opened and Tara peaked her head through the door frame. "Hey, Chad's awake," She spoke happily.

     Both girls nodded and Anika put a hand on Sadie's shoulder. "I'm going to go see him. I'll come back and stay with Ethan in a few minutes so you can see him, too," She told Sadie, who nodded her head.

     Once Anika and Tara had left the room for good, Sadie shook Ethan's shoulder. "Wake up, babe."

     Ethan's eyes popped open instantly, insinuating that he hadn't actually been asleep. "Fuck, this hurts," He groaned as he propped himself up further in the bed. Sadie grabbed his hand to help him get situated. She quickly pressed a quick peck to his lips before retracting back to her spot.

     "I'm glad you're okay," She whispered, genuine tears starting to build in her eyes.

     "Oh, please don't cry, Sadie Jo. I'm fine, I promise you," Ethan smiled at his distraught girlfriend, his heart swelling at her concern for him. Although, the two were very harsh to one another at times, they were in love. They have been for six years, and nothing would change that.

She wiped her eyes and turned away from him. "Chad's alive," Sadie grunted.

"Yeah, I heard. I got stabbed for nothing!"

∘•∙༄ OLIVIA'S OUTRO!
( hated this chapter too.
have a good week 💕😜🤘 )