Happy Retirement.

Start bij het begin

tagged kellysmith

tagged kellysmith

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

leahwilliamson a true gooner

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

leahwilliamson a true gooner. a true great. a true teammate. but an even better human and friend. thank you for all the advice you've given me over the years that i've been lucky enough to spend with you. i'll miss you every day my girl❤️

tagged alexscott

tagged alexscott

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

jordannobbs my alex, im going to miss you so much

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

jordannobbs my alex, im going to miss you so much. nobody has had a bigger impact on my time at arsenal like you have. if i ever become a even half as great as you, i'll be grateful. it's people like you who make this club so great. with my love always, your jordy❤️

tagged alexscott

Leah's POV

It's a sad day for us all at Arsenal but the club has organised a final celebration for the two greats. As both of their teammates, we all signed some shirts that will be given to them and some other stuff too.

Since finding out about the retirement of Alex, Jord hasn't taken it too well. As well as Dan Carter, Alex is Jord's best friend and someone who means the most to Jord here at Arsenal.

As a team we all got together to have one last meal with Alex and Kelly and tears began to flow down the faces of us all. They both had a speech planned but neither could finish what they had planned.

Jordan's POV

The room is full of tears. Nobody is talking. No awkward silence but there's tension there for someone to say something as the two retired players are in tears and are a wreck. So i began to talk to everyone.

"Umm, so i just wanted to express my feelings and gratitude to the both of you. To start it off with me, i know how much Arsenal means to you guys and how you want this club to be even more successful club in the future. When i first arrived at this club at 17 years old, you two were the ones who welcomed me with open arms and made Arsenal feel like home straight away. I know i speak for everyone when i say that the both of you are true greats and we are so lucky to have played in the same team as you guys. Alex- oh im sorry im going to cry again hold up..."

Leah could tell that i was struggling so she held my hand, squeezed it tightly to let me know that she's there for me and then began to take over to what i wanted to say.

"Jordan's words are a true reflection on what we all want you guys to know. Alex, you're a true gooner. I know it's hard to appreciate the compliments as sometimes it shows that someone's being weak, but i hope you know how much you mean to us and how much you have impacted the football world. Kelly, for someone like me to come through the ranks of Arsenal and to have someone like you to look up to, i cant thank you enough for being the professional that you are. So again, thank you to the both of you for being not only great footballers, but even better humans and role models!"

As soon as Leah finished her speech, tears began to flow out of her eyes even more. She sat down next to me and i just pulled her close. I held her tighter than i've ever done before.

Both Alex and Kelly thanked Leah and i for speaking and they began to share their feelings about the retirement and how much love they have for the club.

Leah's POV

Kelly started the speech which means Alex finished it. This situation summed them up perfectly. As a duo and teammates, they just knew eachother so well and complimented one another the best.

I was distraught with the whole speech and the situation in general which meant that is was a little bit of a blur but one line from Alex's speech stood out to me.

"Work hard in silence. Let your success make the noise"

After the speech from the pair of them were finished, the first thing that popped into my mind was to grab them both and cuddle them. So that's what i did.

The last few moments with Alex and Kelly was emotional. Loads of tears were shed and we finally said our goodbyes. A new era begins.

Jord and I decided that we wanted to spend the night together at home because we both weren't feeling the best after the day we've had. My mum cooked us up some spaghetti bolognaise which is our comfort food, the first meal we had as a couple, and we watched our favourite tv show. m

Jord and i spent the night cuddling and playing around with my dog Bella.

leahwilliamson's story

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

leahwilliamson's story

starting and ending the day with my love🤍

tagged jordannobbs