He'd gotten angry, almost hysterical, positively indignant that Bruce would think of doing this. He thought his guardian of all people would understand the value in the name. But Bruce was only that, his guardian, not the father he'd always secretly thought of him as. And Batman only symbolized, only inspired fear. 

He'd felt a needle prick his arm, and then no more.

The next time he'd woken up, he was in his own room in the Manor. His chest was heavily bandaged, restricting his motion significantly. Dick could sense no other presence in the room, and he could tell because of the lack of draft, his doors and windows were closed. He didn't dare open his eyes, for he knew Bruce must be watching through the security cameras. Instead he inconspicuously drew the extra miniature computer from underneath his pillow, and without looking, activated a looped video feed from the previous 5 minutes. When he was finished, he finally cracked open his eyes. 

Dick moved quickly. He snatched a black duffel bag from his closet, and shoved some civvies and a couple of Robin suits in.He chose only that which Bruce hadn't seen him wear, probably didn't know he had, eliminating the chance of tracker. He grabbed some tech, deactivating all trails that could lead back to him. Sunglasses, energy bars, energy drinks, clothes, a LOT of extra gear. What was he forgetting? Toothbrush, duh! 

As he messed with the lock on the window, he wondered who he'd tell. Definitely Roy and Donna. As far as he had heard, they were having some issues with mentors as well. But, he wouldn't tell the Team. He trusted them with his life, but it would get back to Batman somehow. Besides, they could never understand what the mantle meant. Wally might, but he would try and talk him out of it, to give Batman another chance. He NEEDED to do this. He couldn't live with a man so ignorant of the meaning of Robin.

Dick had slipped out the window, hiding in the shadows. He'd begun to second guess himself, it was the middle of winter. Where would he go, Jump City? He'd heard that was nice this time of year. But what would he do, a thirteen year old kid with five years vigilante experience? *No*, he thought. *I'm a Flying Grayson.* The mantra had kept him going, and by the time he finally looked back, Wayne Manor was out of sight.

So much for a fun weekend.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Roy considered himself a pretty well adjusted kid. 

Getting rescued from being cryogenically frozen for three year by the Justcie League? Check. Trying to maneuver with one less arm than he was used to? Been there, done that. Meeting a clone three years older than him? Why not? He thought he handled the weird looks those even weirder teens (seriously? Gills?) pretty well. But meeting a Wondergirl and Robin that weren't twelve and ten years old respectively was pretty weird. Not that Robin was much bigger than he had been. And, now that Donna was fifteen (just his age), their awkward crushes weren't so . . . Awkward. 

But the way Ollie kept staring at him, made him feel even more uncomfortable than when his legal guardian gave him the talk. Everyone kept shooting him sympathetic glances. He didn't even know who half these people were. And when they looked away, ugh! As if he hadn't seen them gawking.