1

gunil pov

i walk down the swarmed streets of Xdinary. a large kingdom full of tourists and royal families. i happen to be one of the lucky people that was born and raised here in Xdinary. as people would call me, i'm pretty much what they would consider a 'social butterfly' since im always striking up conversations with strangers i dont know. all of a sudden i feel a shoulder roughly hit mine, causing me to stumble and almost fall.

"oh my goodness! im so sorry! are you okay?" a boy with black hair with pink at the bottom exclaims. 

"oh yea dont worry! im fine" i answered. 

the boy puts his hand on his chest in relief.

"im gunil by the way. goo gunil." i say  as I hold out my hand.

"nice to meet you gunil. im kwak jiseok" jiseok shakes my hand gently.

"jiseok! why'd you run off!" a boy with long hair says as he runs up to jiseok.

"jooyeon you need to quiet down" jiseok says in a hushed tone.

the boy with long hair, apparently named jooyeon looked at me and smiled.

"whos this?" jooyeon asks as he looks back to jiseok

"this is goo gunil!" jiseok answers.

jooyeon looks over to me "im lee jooyeon. its a pleasure to meet you" 

"hey! thats them!" a cop says as he points to jiseok and jooyeon. the cop and his other cop buddies start chasing after the two.

"ill see you later! bye gunil" jiseok says as jooyeon grabs his hand and starts running.

i wave bye as the swarm of cops pass me.

"what did those 2 do..." i ask myself 

———-

Jungsu pov

"Jungsu, darling you look like a mess" my mother claims as i walk into the kitchen to get a drink.

"i know mom. i didn't feel like getting in wedding attire to get a glass of lemonade" i say as i start pouring myself a glass of lemonade. once i have the lemonade in the glass i put away the pitcher and walk to the table.

"Jungsu we need to talk about your future as the king" my mom says as she pulls out a notepad.

"mom i told you i dont want to be king. especially since i dont even get to choose who i marry" i say as i adjust the collar of my T-shirt.

"i know honey but i believe you're going to be an amazing king." my mom says.

i stand up and grab my lemonade. 

"im going to my room." i say as i walk towards the stairs.

"you cant run from this conversation forever!" my mom says.

—— 

i get into my room and put my drink on the bedside table. i walk out to my balcony and look down on the kingdom ill be forced to rule in a few months. 

"why me? why did i have to be the royal family's son." i ask my self as i lean on the railing of the balcony. 

—— 

i walk out of my bathroom and start getting dressed to go out. i put on a casual shirt and jeans. he picks up a pair of sun glasses and walks out of his bedroom door. i close the door behind me and starts walking down the hallway to the stairs.

"where do you think your going?" my older brother Minho asks. i turn around to look at him.

"out" i say in response

"out where?" he asks as he walks to me.

"town" i say. he pats my shoulder. 

"have fun!" he smiles at me.

"thanks. dont tell mom please" i say as i smile back at him

"alright" he says as he starts walking back to his room. i continue walking down the hallway. i walk down the stairs and quietly exit the massive castle that i dont want to live in. as i exit the gate the guards the castle, i put on my sunglasses. i close the gate behind me and i start walking to the river that surrounds our kingdom.

——

hyeongjun pov

im sitting under a tree next to the river practicing my guitar when i hear footsteps coming from my left. i look over and its the prince. the prince! my eyes widen in shock. he looks at me.

"can i sit?" he asks as he points next to me.

"yeah of course" i say. he smiles and walked over to sit next to me.

"so whats your name?" he asks me. i look over to see him looking at me waiting for a response.

"han hyeongjun." i reply. 

"thats a cool name! do you have any nicknames?" he asks

"yea, its junhan" i say. he nods.

"i would introduce myself but you probably know who i am already" he says in a kind of disappointed tone. i nod in response.

"JOOYEON YOU IDIOT!" a boy yells as he runs towards the bridge. jungsu and i both look over to the boy.

"im sorry i didn't know!!" the other boy responds. 

"maybe pay attention next time" the boy with shorter hair says. the boy looks over at jungsu and i.

"holy shit! thats the prince!" he says. the other boy looks over at us and makes a shocked face. they both run up to him. jungsu waves awkwardly.

"i think you're making him uncomfortable" the boy with short hair says to the boy with longer hair. jungsu laughs.

"you're not making me uncomfortable dont worry!" jungsu says as he stands up to be eye to eye with the boys. they both sigh in relief.

"im jiseok" the boy with shorter hair says.

"im jooyeon" the longer haired boy says.

"its nice to meed you two!" jungsu says and smiles.

———

no ones pov

its been about 20 minutes and all 4 boys are talking and getting along extremely well. jungsu checks the time on his watch. 

"shit!" jungsu gets up fast. 

"im sorry i gotta go! hopefully ill see you all tomorrow" jungsu says before sprinting to the castle.

jungsu quietly enters the castle trying not to make any noise. jungsu turns around and gets startled by his mom and dad standing in-front of him with frustrated looks.