Isla opened her eyes ever so slightly to look at Sebastian, and smiled slightly. "Thank you," She murmured.

"For what?" He laughed slightly, lifting his hand to carefully brush her hair from her face.

"For casting it on me," she responded. "I couldn't let either of you take it."

"No, thank you Isla for being... for being more brave than I could ever be," He chuckled. "You did good today, now you need to rest."

She hummed weakly and nodded, letting her head flop back on Ominis's shoulder.

"I can take her if you want, so you can use your wand." Sebastian offered Ominis.

But Ominis held Isla closer and turned away from Sebastian ever so slightly, as if shielding her. "I've got her, Sebastian. You needn't worry about me."

"I'll guide you then, okay? Don't need you both getting hurt from faceplanting," He chuckled lightly.

He guided Ominis slowly up the stairs and towards the exit that took them out to the area in front of the Slytherin common room entrance.

Sebastian was relieved they didn't have far to walk, considering it'd take them ages at the pace they were going.

"She can take my bed, I'll sleep with Lee." Sebastian offered.

"Lee didn't even agree to it," Ominis rolled his eyes at Sebastian.

"Oh, he won't care, trust me," He smirked lightly, before feeling a kick on his ankle. "Did you just—"

"I'd hit you, but I have Isla in my arms and I'm not risking the chance of dropping her because of your idiocy." He deadpanned.

"Okay, okay, I deserve that," He chuckled lightly, biting his lip as an awkward silence came over the two.

"I'll do whatever I can to make it up to you both," Sebastian told him.

"Make it up to her, not me." Ominis answered, walking through the entrance to the common rooms.

"No, I've hurt you both. I hurt you by hurting her and hurt her by hurting you..." The brunet trailed off slightly, feeling guilt and shame wash over him.

"I've been such a bad friend to you, Ominis." He admitted. "I'm awfully sorry. I just... struggle with expressing it, more often than not. And then I do shitty things like this and well – I know it seems like I don't care. That all I care about are my ambitions and stuff but I care more than you know," He whispered.

"Thats why I casted it on her. The thought of you taking it was just—" Sebastian let out a shaky breath and laughed lightly, almost in disbelief that he was getting emotional over the mere thought of what it would've been like.

"I get it," Ominis interrupted softly, hesitating to say it. "You need to do better, though, Sebastian," He whispered quietly. "I feel like I'm losing you and I've already lost Anne."

Sebastian opened the door to their dormitory, and Ominis laid Isla down on Sebastians bed carefully.

"You're not losing me, Omi, I promise," Sebastian whispered, pulling his blanket over top of Isla who seemed to be sound asleep.

"You go on these crazed adventures searching for dark magic to cure Anne and dragging Isla and I into it." Ominis countered.

He took out his wand again and walked over to his own bed, shrugging his robe off and hanging it up.

"I refuse to lose Anne to this goddamn curse, you know that."

"Are you willing to lose me in the process?" Ominis shot back.

He tried to seem unbothered by their conversation, but his heart ached and slowly broke into little pieces awaiting his answer.

Sebastian was stunned into silence, giving Ominis the wrong impression of his answer.

"Got it." Ominis chuckled lightly, finishing unbuttoning his shirt and putting it aside as he pretended to not feel hurt at his words – or lack thereof.

"No! No, Ominis, shit—" Sebastian rushed over to him and gently grabbed his hands. "I wasn't expecting that question thats all, that wasn't an answer" He whispered.

"Then tell me, Sebastian." He deadpanned. "Are you willing to lose me to save her?"

He opened his mouth and he found no words able to come out. "I can't pick." He whispered. "Don't make me."

"You have to." Ominis told him, pulling away from him and taking a tshirt to put it on. "Eventually you will."

"I want you both in my life, we're a trio." Sebastian whispered, almost painfully.

"And trio's never work." Ominis deadpanned.

He finished changing into lazy wear and walked over to his bed.

"Good night, Sebastian." He told him simply.

Sebastian watched him hopelessly. He wanted to say so much, Merlin, Ominis wanted him to at least say something, anything.

Even if it was insulting him, Ominis just needed something to give him closure.

He laid down in his bed and pulled the covers over him, closing his eyes and trying to push the thoughts – the insecurities – out of his head.

15 minutes passed when Ominis felt a dip in the bed, Sebastian sitting down, he figured.

But Ominis didn't turn around, letting Sebastian be the one to talk first.

"Can I just have you both for a little while longer?" Sebastian asked quietly, almost ashamed to ask this of Ominis, ask him to keep fighting for him while he figured his shit out.

Ominis didn't respond, so Sebastian rephrased.

"Can I pick you, just for now?" He asked softly.

Ominis sighed, closing his eyes tighter.

He bit his tongue, knowing he'd give in.

He always did.

It was Sebastian.

How could he not?

"Yeah," Ominis whispered softly.

Sebastian sighed in relief, before slowly laying down beside Ominis.

The blond boy turned around to face Sebastian, and he went to spoke, before Sebastian interrupted him.

"It's been a rough day," He whispered softly. "Let me take care of you, okay? Like old times?"

A soft chuckle escaped his lips, and Ominis sighed slightly.

"Asshole." He muttered, causing Sebastian to laugh, while Ominis moved closer to gently lay his head on his chest.

"A charming asshole," Sebastian shot back with a grin.

"If you want to make it up to me then shut up and sleep, Sallow."

"Okay, okay, demanding. But your wish is my command, Gaunt."