She was with Ominis, and Ominis would keep her safe, so she could relax. She needn't worry about anything else now.

She slumped her head on Ominis's shoulder, letting her eyes flutter shut as she panted.

"All I wanted was for you to be okay," she whispered to the blond boy.

He laughed softly, holding her limp body closer to him, burying his fingers in her hair. "I want the same for you," He whispered gently. "I'm so sorry, Isla."

"You have nothing to apologize for," she whispered breathlessly, groaning softly as she shifted her body to lay against him more comfortably so she could relax better. "I wanted to, you can't change my mind, you know that,"

"I would've taken it, fuck, Isla all you had to do was talk to me and I would've taken it for you," He whispered desperately, guilt drowning his thoughts and suffocating his heart, causing it to ache.

"Thats exactly what I didn't want," she laughed softly.

A slight, weak smile formed on her lips when she felt Ominis's forehead press against hers, and she sighed gently, happily, almost.

"Take all the time you need, okay?" Sebastian whispered to the two, opting to give them their space and get what they needed before leaving.

He was beyond curious about this place, I mean, its a stronghold for dark magic.

But as he stood and looked at the room, before turning his gaze back towards his two friends on the ground, he knew they were more important.

He came here for the book, to cure Anne, and he got that.

As much as it pained him to leave this place so quickly, Ominis and Isla already sacrificed so much for him, and it was his turn to take care of them.

He walked up the stairs, keeping his gaze forward so he wouldn't be tempted by the knowledge around him.

He found the book, running his fingers along the spine of it with a small, victorious smile.

He finally had it.

And he was going to get his friends the fuck out of here.

"Guys, I got it! Theres a way out over here." Sebastian called out to the two, jogging down the stairs quickly to see them.

"I can't move a muscle," Isla chuckled softly.

"I got you," Ominis whispered to her.

He scooped the girl up into his arms bridal style, cradling her close.

She sighed contently in his arms, and rested her head against his shoulder, wincing slightly at the burning of her muscles.

"Sleep, I've got you," Ominis whispered gently to her. "I know you're tired. I'll get you back to the common room, theres nothing you need to worry about."

"The cure?" She asked weakly, letting her eyes close nonetheless.

"I've got it, Isla." Sebastian told her gently. He had no idea if he actually found a cure for Anne or not, but Isla shouldn't be worrying about that.

rain & mist // ominis gauntजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें