"Amina." Chalyn called out, snapping her out of her daze. Chalyn held a concerned look on her face which lead Amina to believe that she'd been zoned out for a while. "You straight?" Chalyn questioned, Amina nodded her head yes.

"You was looking like you was bout to swing on Thuy or something." Chalyn chuckled, Amina did the same. Thuy offered them glasses of champagne, which they both said yes to. Soon, she handed them each a wine glass quarterly filled of Stella Rose before she started on Amina's nails. "I was telling you I don't know where I wanna go for my birthday, I think it's too late to pick a destination." Chalyn explained.

"We can do something in the city, that'll give you enough time to actually choose a destination." Amina suggested. "Yeah...that seems like my best bet." Chalyn replied. Amina used her free hand to grab her wine glass and take a swig.

"Matter of fact, I'll plan out the whole weekend." Amina voiced with a smile on her face, "Really?" Chalyn's face lit up, Amina nodded her head yes.

"Okayyy." Chalyn replied in a sing song voice, "I'm excited." She added.

"All you gotta do is show up and look pretty." Amina announced, "This good?" Her nail tech questioned after cutting one nail. Amina brought her hand closer to her face to examine the length, she nodded her head yes as she laid her arm back down.

"How you think I should do my hair?" Chalyn questioned, Amina pursed her lips together and slightly looked up as she thought about it. "30 inches for sure...bone straight, middle part." She answered.

"I was thinking either that or some color—I just don't wanna look back and regret the color though." Chalyn spoke. "I know the 30 inch buss down would eat on you Cha." Amina spoke.

"It would." Chalyn slowly nodded her head as if she was picturing herself with it. The girls continued to talk as they received their services. Their conversation was the only thing that could be heard in the shop, besides the TV that was playing relaxing spa music. They weren't super loud, which they were sure everyone appreciated.

January 9th 2023
Dallas, Texas
10:45 pm

Amina sat in her car, scrolling through Twitter as she went back and forth deciding on if she wanted to go inside of this kickback or not. With small thought, she chose to come, but now that she was there, she didn't know if she actually wanted to go inside. Not knowing anyone besides Ro was turning her off, but she was already there and figured it wouldn't hurt to show her face for the sake of her new friend.

Amina let out a small sigh as she grabbed her keys and hopped out the car, she closed the door behind her and made sure her vehicle was locked before making her way across the street. She was surprised at how nice the neighborhood was, where she was from kickbacks took place in a small ass house that was probably a bando now that she thought about it.

Once Amina approached the door she gave it a few knocks before stepping back. While observing in front of her, she realized there was a doorbell and she probably didn't have to knock. In the midst of reaching for the doorbell, the door swiftly swung open, revealing Pharaoh. "Oh shit, I ain't think you was coming." Ro announced as he stepped aside to let her in.

"Well, I'm here now." Amina chuckled as she followed him. The house was filled with people, she couldn't recall passing by anyone who didn't have a red solo cup in their hand. The music was loud, but that was expected. Heyy by Lil Baby was the song of choice. Amina's head was on a slight swivel as she looked around the house. She figured the house had to belong to someone older due to the decorations, nobody their age was gonna have infused vegetable glass bottles in their home. Seeing them placed around honestly took her back to the early 2000's. All of her upper middle class friends had the decoration in their homes. "You want something to drink?" Ro questioned as they stopped by the kitchen.