24.

•Chapter Twenty-Four•

Disclaimer/TW
Blood and trauma

I advise you to listen to
"Hello" By Adele or
"Stay with me" By Sam Smith,
for this chapter.

•Lane•

It's been one month since the Cameron's left, one long month without Rafe. Me and Topper have spent everyday together, whether it was out doing something or staying at one of our houses.

We usually stayed with one another and woke up the next day to do something different. Today I was going to hang out with the Pouges since Topper had to meet up with his family on the mainland.

He left my house around 10 and I was on my way to the Chateau now. I've kept my mind busy from any thoughts about Rafe and tried to keep myself from crying and craving his touch.

It's been weird though, I've never felt this way about anybody before, not even my own parents.

I pulled into the Chateau and glanced at the porch where everybody was sat. They all straightened up their posture as I stepped out of my jeep and made my way up to them.

"Hello, my friends. Long time no see" I commented and sat next to JJ who had his legs spread on the small coffee table.

"Indeed it has been, we've missed you" Pope smiled at me before taking a drink of his water. "We've just been busy, risking our lives and trying to survive" JJ threw his hands up in the air and smirked to himself.

I chuckled and turned towards Kie, "I really have missed you, I don't see you a lot like I want to but I know you have your Kook posse to hang out with. Especially Mr. Cameron" She wiggled her eyebrows which made my smile disappear and a frown to form on my face.

She noticed and quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry, I didn't know that something happened-" She frantically started but I cut her off with plastering on a fake smile. "Nothing happened, it's just he's on a trip right now" I sighed and rubbed my temples.

She nodded, not wanting to continue on with the subject. We all talked some before John B and Pope had to leave to go down to Heyward's which was Pope's father. That left me, Kie and JJ to all sit together and talk about things that have been happening in the past month I hadn't seen them.

They told me that they've been running from the cops a lot and just spending everyday they can trying to catch fish and save up enough money for food and gas. I offered to give some to them but they both refused because it was too much to offer.

JJ took me to look at his bike, I know a few things about them and just looked at it a bit. He told me he wanted to get it painted black, white and red. It was dark blue and scratched up, the stickers on it were tearing off from the lack of taking care of it from its previous owner.

Kie told me all about her and Pope, they were now dating but it was still a secret from the other two Pouges. I told her about me and Rafe, how everything happened from the night of Midsummers and so on.

It was now late in the afternoon, I told everybody bye before getting into my jeep and heading back to my house where my parents were making dinner. I soon arrived and walked into my house where my parents were setting plates down on the dinner table. Topper would be back later tonight so it would just be us three.