Two?

Chapter 2: Him cladded in my hoodie is the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Ricky, Haruto, Gyuvin, Junhyeon, Gunwook and I were lunching on the roof top. We listened to some fresh gossip by Junhyeon, about how Jay and Jongwoo entered in a relationship, and how the other girls were flaming mad because they couldn't make their man theirs. It was fairly interesting to hear such stuff by our mood maker.

Ricky then began to rant about how his English teacher failed him because she was unable to read his handwriting properly. Of course as his bestfriends, we all had our ears open. He continued venting out to us until Haruto randomly bursts in with a "Oh did you know Hanbin hyung has a new crush?" My lord.

How could this rat mention about Matthew?! He is just a guy i met today, and helped because he is new and he's probably a struggling insomniac freak. No, I don't like him.

What a good time indeed. All eyes had their fixed gaze towards me, making me twitch my hands. "N-no! Haruto i told you many times I'm still in love with Hao hyung." I knew i had to retaliate whatever I had said.

"True, youre just obsessed with him at this point." Said Gyuvin, shrugging. Gunwook pointed out at Haruto, suggesting that he should not make assumptions. The latter pouted. "But I'm telling you guys the truth! He gave the new student his hoodie so that he could stop shivering."  He claimed.

"Despite the fact that Hanbin is slightly more introverted than us, I'm sure that he is a human with good intentions and would have the courage to do such acts of kindness." Replied Gyuvin. Yes, finally someone proved it that I don't like Matthew in that way! I seriously don't because I just met him, and I can't catch feelings way to early.

"Be careful when you're around him then.  I don't want you to get hurt like how Zhang Hao did to you." interrupted Ricky. He was right too. I have to be cautious around him from now onwards. Shake my head man, I strongly despise how I tend to take a dislike on everyone but would do that to keep myself safe from all the emotional damage.

I took a deep breath and requested everyone to change the topic because thinking about my ex jeopardises my mental well being. I had to shrug this topic off and move on real quick and I cannot just keep talking about that breakup for ages.

We returned on all those goofy conversations that included Gunwook making jokes about his classmates with Gyuvin then enlightening us with another drama that has been going on with him and another pick me girl.

Finding friends like them is so rare. Being around them make me feel like freezing time so that I can spend the rest of my time being like this. Sadly, we have no choice but to continue living life.

We have regrets and good memories made, and I believe that we should let go of both so that there is less burden feeling and more work to complete.

A while later, i ended up entering the business studies class. My view shifted from starting at textbooks to that Matthew sit with the one and only, Zhang Hao. What I also spotted was, he was apparently wearing my hoodie that I had given to him this math lecure.

The moment the class was filled, class started , i ended up alone like always. My eyeballs kept rolling from up to right, so that I could have a proper glance at him. Then, what weirded me out the most was how he was in a conversation with him, like jeez why talk to my ex?

I'm sure Zhang Hao must've had noticed that hoodie given by me. Hoping he'd get jealous. Im manifesting to god that he confesses to me soon because in the end it'll be us together once again.

Oh look, they're having a conversation. I wonder again what those two would discuss.Hao whispered his ear, he knows. He knows that I started existing in Matthew's world. Wait, what if he gets jealous if I hang out with the latter now?  Good idea, but he still wouldn't talk to me.

Besides that, since we were learning about joint venture today, we were requested by our business teacher to pair up. Sigh, loner moment again.

I observed everyone finding their best friend, I wish I had one too but too bad he's gone. I was just about to tell the teacher I have nobody to pair up once again;until someone gently held my arm. They felt so soft. That person might be cuddly then. My eyes shifted towards the right :astonishingly it was Matthew who did so. Expected but still surprising at the fact that he was the one who approached to me this time.

"Uhm hey? You don't have anyone else to pair up with you either? Surprising." asked Matthew. I'm sure it was a rhetorical question instead. I scoffed and replied to him, mentioning that it was not something to be shocked at.

"Moving on, I am delighted to accept your offer." I crouched and held both of his hands. I can't believe I was wearing a smile like an idiot. I mean, someone actually wants to accompany me. I really need to keep reminding myself to focus. Oh yes! A mode of distraction has been invented. I can gaslight myself and have high standards. Sounds pretty cool, right?

Every-time I have a moment with Matthew, I can always imagine how Hao hyung had asked me out back then ; and then I can forget in an instant! Hurts like hell but at least thinking about the heydays makes me feel nostalgic yet relaxing.

"Are you even listening?" snapped Matthew.

Oh shit, I was daydreaming once again.

————————————————————————————

End of chapter 2