chapter 1: Birthday

Amira's POV
I wake up and get ready Dudley's birthday. While I get ready I hear my mother say to harry "Up. Get up!".
She knocks on the door under the stairs multiple times while I walk down the stairs. Then she screamed "Now!".

I walk into the dining room before my mum closes the door. I sit at the dining table and wait for breakfast. I hear Dudley jump on the stairs to torment harry then walk down them. I hear a door slam which I think is harry cupboard door. Dudley walks in and suddenly mum stops making breakfast and says "Here comes the birthday boy". "Here comes the birthday boy" dad says. Mum kisses Dudley and I just look at them in disgust.

They stop when harry walks in. " Cook breakfast. And try not to burn anything." Mum says. "Yes aunt petunia." Harry says. I get off my seat and get ready to help harry with breakfast but dad tells me to sit back down. I hear mum continue saying "... For my Dudley's special day!" I roll my eyes and sarcastically mutter" something obviously special about him".

Dad says " hurry up! Bring my coffee, boy". "Yes uncle Vernon". Harry replies. Mum opened Dudley's eyes and clapped while Dudley's eyes widen at all the presents. "Aren't they wonderful, darling?" Mum asks. " How many are there?" He asked.
"Thirty-six. Counted them myself." Dad said back. "THIRTY-SIX! But last year I had thirty-seven!" He yelled.

Dad stutters as he says" but some are bigger then last year's". "I don't care how big they are!" Dudley screams.
Mum says" this is what we're going to do. When we go out we're going to buy you two new presents. How's that pumpkin?". I see harry give them a dirty look and I quietly Snicker.

~TIME SKIP~
We walk out of the house and mum says" it will be a lovely day at the zoo. I'm looking forward to it.".
I walk to the car but don't hop in when I see dad stop harry and say "I'm warning you now, boy. Any funny business, any at all, and you won't have any meals for a week. Get in."

I give my dad a dirty look when his hops into the car. I hop in and make space of harry. When he gets in dad drives us to the zoo.

~TIME SKIP~
We arrive to the zoo and go to the reptile area. We walk to a snake and watch it. "Make it move" Dudley says.
Dad knocks on the window and says "Move!". Dudley knocks on it harder and yells " Move!". "He's asleep!" Harry says. "He's boring" Dudley say before he, mum and dad walk away.

"Sorry about him." I say. "He doesn't understand what it's like, lying there Day after day, watching people press their ugly faces on you." Harry says.
We watch the snake look up at us and our eyes widen. "Can you here us?" I ask. It nods. "It's just, we've never talked to a snake before." Harry says.
Do you, do you talk to people often?" Harry asks. It shakes his head no. " Your from Burma aren't you? Was it nice there?" Harry asks again. It moves it body to a sign saying 'bred in captivity'. "I see that's me as well." Harry says.

"Mummy, dad, you won't believe what this snake is doing!"Dudley yells as he runs over to us. He pushes us over and puts his face to the glass window. The window suddenly disappears and Dudley falls in. The snake slithers out and turns out way and says "thanks".
"Anytime" harry says in shock. It slithers away from us and people start screaming about the snake. We turn back around and see the glass appear again. Dudley starts banging on the window stuck and starts screaming "mum! Mummy! Help me!". She started screaming as well. We start laughing. Dad turns to us and we stop laughing.

~TIME SKIP~
"It's all right, sweetheart. We'll get you out of these cold clothes" mum said as we walked into the door of our home.
Dad pushed me and harry in and grabbed harry by his hair. "What happened?" He asked. "I swear I don't know!" Harry said. "The glass was there then it was gone, like magic." I said. Dad pushed harry into the cupboard under the stairs and slammed the door. He said "there's no such thing as magic". He dragged me upstairs into my room and locked me in there.