"You're supposed to be on my side!" Edalyn said.

"Eh. Not really." Raine replied as they summoned their staff and flew off towards Latissa.

"Get back here! We're not finished with this conversation!" Edalyn protested as she flew after them on her staff.

"Hurry up!" Lilith snapped at Porter, Eber, and I as she followed her sister.

{Half An Hour Later}

Perry's staff spiraled and he collided with a tree. Then Lilith and I landed normally. Eber flew with me.

"Are you okay?" I asked as Perry managed to escape the branches of the tree.

"Yeah...where'd my-" He started then his staff tumbled down onto head. "Ow! Found it..."

Eber snickered.

"Let's find Edalyn and Raine." Lilith said.

Eber made a sound then pointed. We all looked. Edalyn and Raine were at the edge of the market square.

"That works." I said.

We went over to them. Neither of them were paying attention to who was around and listening. I went to say something to let them know we were behind them but Raine spoke first.

"Just because you're my girlfriend doesn't mean I have to agree with you on everything." Raine said.

...what?

Lilith cleared her throat. Edalyn and Raine whirled around.

"Um...how long have you four been here?" Raine said, wide-eyed.

"Long enough to hear you call Edalyn your girlfriend." Perry said.

"...damnit." Edalyn muttered.

"How long has this been going on?" Lilith asked.

"Since a little after grom." Edalyn admitted.

"Lilith, don't be mad at Edalyn. She wanted to tell you but I was nervous." Raine said.

"I'm not mad. I just wish I knew." Lilith said.

"Can we just get to watching the insane guy trying to convince people he's a titan?" Edalyn said, trying desperately to change the subject.

Lilith sighed and nodded. We walked to find where the delusional guy was.

Eber made a sound.

"Eber, that is...severely inappropriate and none of your business." Raine said to her.

"What did she ask?" I said.

"I'm not repeating it." They said.

Eber snickered.

"Why are you so good at making them uncomfortable?" I asked him.

He shrugged.

{A Few Days Later}

I double checked my abomination was right.

"It's perfect, don't worry so much." Someone said next to me.

"I just-" I started then realized whose voice it was.

I looked over as Darius sat on the steps with Eber on his shoulder.

"You just what?" He asked.

"I just want to make sure it is." I said.

I put the lid on the caldron and sat next to him.

"Eber said you had the fire flu." I said.

"I did. It finally cleared up." Darius said.

"I'm glad you're better." I told him.

"You're not wearing your glasses." He noted.

"I finally got contacts again." I said.

"What a shame." He fake sighed.

I laughed.

"Now, what did I miss?" He asked. "Eber hasn't told me even the smallest detail of what's gone on the past few days."

"Well, we found out Edalyn and Raine have been together for over a month." I answered.

"Oh, really? How shocking." He said sarcastically.

"You knew already?" I asked.

"I figured it out a while ago. Raine's a terrible actor, they're too honest." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "You're supposed to tell me everything!"

"It wasn't my secret to tell." He shrugged.

"Fine." I sighed.

"Now, what else happened?" He asked.

"We tried to see this delusional guy in Latissa. It was a bust though, he got arrested before we even got there. Perry was relieved but the rest of us were disappointed." I said. "Edalyn stole some stuff to get over it but it just got us arrested."

"You got arrested?" Darius said. "No joke?"

"Yeah! They released us pretty quickly." I said. "She didn't steal anything important. Though it was surprisingly her first time being arrested."

"Thought she'd have a record by now." He said.

"We were all surprised she didn't." I said. "Except Lilith but Lilith is her sister. Oh, you should probably know Eber bit someone."

"Eber!" He snapped.

Eber whimpered.

"Who was it?" Darius asked.

"Odalia." I said. "She was harassing me again. Eber noticed I was uncomfortable and bit her."

"I take it back. I'm not mad." He told Eber. "You did a good thing, Eber."

Eber grinned. Darius looked back at me.

"Anything else?" He said.

"Lily and I got detention for mixing potion and abomination magic." I told him. "What we created tried to kill us."

"You definitely deserved detention if it tried to kill you." He laughed.

I laughed too.

"Other than that stuff, nothing super interesting happened." I said.

Benjamin Rattington started poking his head around. Darius laughed and took Ace out. He put them down next to him. Benjamin squeaked with joy before nuzzling Ace.

"Aw." I laughed.

"I think Ben missed you, Ace." Darius said.

Benjamin nodded. Ace used their paw to bap Benjamin's head. Benjamin squeaked and tried to nuzzle Ace's paw. After about a minute, Benjamin gave up on nuzzling the paw and jumped on Ace's back. He nuzzled the top of Ace's head. Ace curled up, causing Benjamin to fall off of them. Benjamin squeaked at Ace and they stared at him. Ace nuzzled Benjamin before letting him climb back on their back. Darius and I laughed as we watched our palismen.