Preface

This is a work in progress, unpublished, fan fiction story, for the movie "Kimi no Na Wa" (Your Name) universe.

Although it may not be apparent from many pages, this is the continuation of a previous fan fiction by the same author: "Rediscovering the Future" (https://www.wattpad.com/story/301777034-kimi-no-na-wa-rediscovering-the-future), which has been shared both privately and also published on the main Fan Fiction sites today: "Archive of Our Own" (AO3), "Fan Fiction" (FFN) and Wattpad (WP).

This fic can be read as a stand-alone story from "Rediscovering the Future", but it will make full sense only if you have read the earlier work. I strongly suggest you to read "Rediscovering the Future" before continue reading this.

Taki Tachibana and Mitsuha Miyamizu already joined at a Tokyo staircase on April 8, 2022; they've recovered their memories and they are starting to build their relationship. Their dreamed future is ahead of them. But events from the distant past, that they are not aware of, will create ripples in their destiny in ways they have never foresee before. Are they really destined to be together? Taki and Mitsuha will have to discover and circumvent ghosts from a distant past that will threaten not only their own relationship, but also the very survival of the Miyamizu family.

Trigger Warnings: in this work, violence and the death of several characters will be portrayed. Also, adult consensual intimate relationship will be described, but in a natural, non-sexualized way.