The Mikaelson Ball

Faith's POV
As I come downstairs, I pour myself and drink as I hear a knock at the door, I walk over and open the door but no one is there. As I look down I see a huge box, I pick it up bringing it inside. I lift the lid revealing a red ball gown and a note. I pick up the note and read it.

Faith,

Your presence has been requested at the
Mikaelson House tonight at 7pm.

Save a dance for me.
Klaus x

I roll my eyes and mutter "seriously.. its been 1000 years." As my phone buzzes I see a text from Stefan, I close the box lid and make my way over to the Gilbert house. As I knock on the door, Stefan ushers me inside and says "thank you for coming Faith." I smile and say "sure what's going on?" Damon says "Elena received an invitation." I raise an eyebrow as she hands me the invitation.. Stefan says "from Esther.." I say "their original mother?" Damon nods and says "its got be a trap right?" Stefan says "theres no way their throwing a ball." I say "I wouldn't be so sure." As they all look at me as I pull out the invitation from Klaus from my pocket, I say "this was on the doorstep this morning." Stefan grabs it and says "from Klaus??" I nod, as Damon says "I'm starting to feel left out." I shake my head, as Stefan says "Damon- focus." I say "I wasn't going to go but now-" Elena says "i want to go. Maybe she has answers or a plan." Damon says "you can't just walk in to the lions den alone." I say "she won't be alone.. I 've got her back." Elena smiles. Stefan says "its too unsafe.. I 'll go." Damon says "you've pissed off enough originals to last a lifetime.. I 'll go."

..

As I look through my clothes for a dress to wear to this stupid ball tonight. I turn around looking at the box on my bed I scoff and mutter "of course you're now the nicest thing I own..' As I open the lid I lift out the beautiful red lace ballgown, with silk straps. I mutter "apparently he does know me... damn." As I change into the dress I look in the mirror I smirk as I let my hair fall down my shoulders I leave before Stefan and Damon notice I'm going or have chance to stop me... not that they would stand a chance.

..

As I walk into the Mikaelson house, there's a lot of people and it makes me wonder if they compelled the guest list. As I look around I catch Klaus looking at me, he smirks and then looks back at the girl he's chatting up. All of a sudden Stefan approaches me, he says "you said you weren't coming?" I say "so did you." He says "well you look gorgeous." I say "you don't look half bad yourself, Salvatore." There's a pause as Damon comes up he says "fancy seeing you two here." I roll my eyes as he looks at Stefan and says "nice tux." He looks at me and says "I didn't think you were coming." I say "I was invited by Klaus himself.. and I did make a statement that you guys were under my protection." I squeeze both their arms and say "so really- you shouldn't be here without me." Damon scoffs, Stefan shakes his head.. I smirk and head towards the bar.

A few moments later.. I see from a far that Elena enters the house. I laugh a little and roll my eyes, I say quietly "of course." As Stefan walks over to her. I listen as he says "what are you doing here? She says "i came to see Esther." As Damon comes over he says "seriously.. Elena." She says "well I 'm here now and I 'm not leaving so what do you say Salvatores?" As Stefan puts his arm out , she links it almost simultaneously taking Damon's. I roll my eyes. As I turn around and order another drink, I here a voice behind me say "hello love." I sip my drink as I turn around, its klaus. He smirks as I groan and say sharply "Klaus." He says "Faith, you don't have to hide it .. I know your pleased to see me." I smirk and say "fine. You're right Nik.. I cannot stop thinking about you, I came here to be with you again, you're my everything and I need you.. oh baby, oh baby.." As he looks at me, I crack a smile, I place my hand over my mouth to hide my laughter I say "yea.. no." His face drops and turns to anger, he says "i 'm warning you. The Salvatore brothers will not be enough for you." I raise an eyebrow and sip my champagne. As Elijah approaches the staircase and says "hello everyone, it is a tradition with my family that we start these events start with a dance, so if you could all join us in the ballroom." Klaus looks at me, but as he's about to ask Stefan comes over and says "Faith, dance with me?" I'm slightly relieved, i take Stefan's hand and say "I 'd love too." As Klaus rolls his eyes, I smirk and walk into the ballroom with Stefan. I whisper "my hero." He says "well you looked cornered." I say "I was."