Chapter two

Jake's POV

Where am I?

I'm sure not in my bed and there is somebody next to me. Did I hook up with her? My arm is draped over her slim waist and my head buried in her hair / neck. Her scent is intoxicating, she smells like summer flowers and sunlight.

I try to move but pain shoots through my shoulder. The memories of last night come rushing back: The fight in that club, me and a few boys chasing some of the others, and than the shootout.

When they left me, I thought, that I was done for, but she saved me!

I'm furious that they would leave me, hopefully my father will let me punish them!

Why did she save me? She doesn't even know me. Girls are not worth much, that is what my father always says, and he never treated my mother good, when she was still alive.

So, men are better than the weak women, that is what I believe, but she must be different, she saved me!

Looking at her, I notice, that she's pretty. Her hair ist long and blond, and last night, with that almost translusent top and them short shorts, I saw quite a lot of her body. Her face has a kind of innocens, that makes me want to protect her.    

The boys would be all over her. Somehow that thougt makes me angry, she is MINE! This is madness, I don't even know her name, but still I'm posessive of her!

Slowly I drift back of to sleep, with her body close to mine and her scent all around me.

Lilith POV

The sunlight is what wakes me up. Immediatly I'm aware of a presence behind me. The guy from the shootout!

Damm it! His arm is heavy on my waist and as I try to carefully edge out he subconsiously pulls me closer to him. It takes a few munites to free myself without waking him

"Shit!", one glance at the clock has me running around, trying to get ready as quick as possible. I overslept, my shift began two hous ago!

My exclemation woke the guy.

"What happend?"

"I'm late and CLOSE YOURE EYES!"I was only wearing a bra and panties and pulling up my black jeans, as he woke.

"If I should see something I've never seen before, I'll throw penny at it." he replies with an arrogance, that leaves me shocked.

I don't know how to reply, so I say nothing and quickly finish getting dressed.

"Get up! I don't want to loose my job!"

He get's out of bed and comes over to me. I back away slowly, untill my back hits  a wall. He keeps coming, till his chest is almost pressed against mine.

"Would you mind backing of, dude? Ever heard of something called personal space?" Obviously that was the wrong thing to say.

"Listen, nobody talks to me like that, okay? I'm going to let it go this once, because you saved me, but I won't tolerate disrespekt from a woman! Do you understand?"

What is wrong with him? Gosh, it's like he expects me to be gratefull, that he allowed me to save him! Sexist pig!

"Jup." I say popping the p.

He backs of, with a slight growl.

"I'm going to get my car, while you get dressed, okay, than I'll drop you off at your place?" I mean it's only fair, 'cause he can't stumble across the city with a huge hole in his shoulder.

He nods. I'm out of the door within seconds. What the hell did I get myself into?

10 Minutes later I park the car infront of the house and run upstairs to get him.

My car is an ancient Beetle, that rattles with every turn. He gives me directions to his place. The silence in the car becomes unberable.

"Soo...... whats your name anyway?"

"Jake Night, your's?"

"Lilith Spring, but please call me Lili."

"Hm."

After that the conversation died a slow and grusome death. Arriving infront of his place he says: "Thank you. I'm in your debt."

"Errr, you're welcome."

"Goodbye."

"Buh-Bye."

He then get's out of the car and walks into the building.Somehow, I feel empty, but the feeling is soon gone.

Hecticly I drive to the Starbucks, where I work.

"Girl, what happend? I was able to cover for you, but it was a close call!"

Ben is my coworker and friend, and totally gay. We hit right off, when I started to work here.

"You woulden't believe me, if I told you, man."

"Okay, now I wna to know all!"

"In the break, yeah?"

"Cool."

The whole moning I make coffees and other stuff. Onestly I don't get why anybody would want to drink a too sweet iced coffee (decaffinated) with a bunch of chemical sirups to add artificial flavour.

My break is at 1:00, Ben comes over.

"Now spill."

"Well...." I tell him everything from the club fight to waking up next to Jake.

When I'm finished his mouth is agape.

"Oh my freaking unicorn! What did you get youself into? Those gangs are nothing you want to get involved in! Let's just hope that he let's this go and forgets you!"

"Yeah...... if you say so..."

"Um Lili, did he have a sixpack?"

"Jup." I smile, that is just typical Ben.

"How good?"

I just smile.

"THAT good?"

"Better."

After that I work till 3 pm. Then I head home. My job at a restaurant starts at 6 pm.

In the mean time I decide to go jogging. Near my appartement is a little, ugly park. It's where a lot of shady figures hang out, but before dark it's mostly safe.

But just to be sure, I wear kneelong sorts and a t-shirt. No need to tempt fate (or some of the guys here)

While I jog, I notice a few of the guys from the club yesterday, they wistle at me, but I ignore them.

Back in my appartement I don my work-outfit. I work in a bar.

The bar is quite all right, but the owner makes all the waitresses wair a skimpy outfit composed of a white, tight top and very short, black shorts. Over that cames a red aipron, tied at the waist, that ends just under the shorts. As you may imagien the tips there are very high.

I'm not exactly proud of my body, but I guess it's good.

Anyhow, I drive to the bar, don a smile and start working.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

At 1 am the bar closed and the only thing I want to do is sleep.

I brush my teeth, but on my jammies and fall staight into a deep sleep.