A Child Changes Everything. [Back At Hogwarts]

Start from the beginning

“What’s this about, Harry?” you heard. You turned around to see Arthur Weasley entering the office. He took off his hat wearily and hung it on the rack by the door. He looked like he had already had a very trying morning.

“Kris and Kelly. I’m worried they aren’t safe. I need your help to protect them.” He said urgently. Arthur motioned for him to calm down and sit.

“Slow down, now. What makes you say that?”

“I told you about what happened the night Voldemort went after Kris?” He began. Arthur nodded, remembering. “Well, his closest followers knew about his plan to get Kelly. And those who are still alive have been conspiring to start their fight again! It’s only a matter of time before they go after her. We know Voldemort wanted to kill Kris as soon as Kelly was born, kidnap her and raise her as one of their own. I can’t let that happen, Arthur!”

“I understand your concern, Harry, but we’ve taken every precaution possible to keep her safe. Both of your homes have more protective charms than even Sirius’ old house did!”

“It’s not enough!” he stood up frustratedly. Arthur came up next to him and patted his shoulder.

“Does she know? About them going after Kelly?”

“No. I couldn’t tell her and have her live in even more fear than she already is! She just thinks they were torturing her because of her own abilities, and my romantic interest in her.”

“I see. I’ll be happy to help in any way that I can, but we are going to need a lot more proof to bring this up to the ministry. Specifics. Like who is heading up this uprising.”

“I know. But everyone is really paranoid right now. It won’t be easy to get someone new in there that they trust enough to reveal their plans or their leader.” Harry said, furrowing his brow in thought. The scene dissolved as the two of them bent over Arthur’s desk. It looked as though they were beginning to map out some sort of plan. Then it was pitch black. You felt your body lift up and then the next thing you knew you were gasping for breath as you pulled away from the bowl.

“What happened?” Draco asked urgently.

“W-We need to go. Now!” you said.

“Kreacher is supposed to take you.” Kreacher grumbled, obviously feeling put out to have to do this errand.

You ran into the bedroom, scooped Kelly out of her bed. She rubbed her eyes groggily as you grabbed a bag and stuffed a coat and some boots in it with one arm.

“Mom? What’s going on?” she asked.

“Nothing, sweetie. We are just going on a little trip.”

“Trip? Where?”

“Far away.” You said. Then you kneeled in front of her and smiled. “Somewhere magical.”

“Really?” she asked excitedly. When you nodded, she ran out of the room, pulling you with her. You joined Draco and Kreacher. You scooped Kelly up in one arm and took Draco’s hand in yours. Kreacher grabbed his other hand and you watched Harry’s apartment disappear. You don’t know why, but at that moment you felt like this is the last time you would be seeing it. The feeling was dark and unsettling, but you brushed it off. You felt Draco’s hand tighten around yours as you all Apparated to Hogwarts. Kreacher, being a house elf, was able to Apparate you right to the hallway in front of the Headmaster’s office.

“We’ve been expecting you.” Professor McGonagall said as the statue came alive and leapt aside to reveal her waiting behind it.

“Professor McGonagall.”