Can a flower bloom on a beach?

Aura's heart is calmly settled in her chest since she's stepped into the carriage to complete her journey to her new temporary home on a craggy island. Unlike her old home, Cloudburst, a kingdom set deep in the mountains with frequent cloudbursts, the island of Wolfshowl is known for its warm features, white beaches and sunny sky during the spring that is slowly coming. Winters are much like Cloudburst in Wolfshowl. Very rainy and cold.

Even though she loves her home, she is very much looking forward to arriving at her destination as it has been a secret desire of hers to once stand in the ocean with her bare feet looking and the sun setting with nothing but sound of seagulls flying around her head.

It has been approximately three months since the end of the war between the two countries and around two months since King Minho of Cloudburst married Prince Jisung of Wolfshowl. They are a very happy couple, much in love and with her and Minho's wish to continue the worriless romance, Aura agreed to Minho's proposition to live for the time being in the castle of King Chan and attend to him as the real peace ambassador and an enforcer of good bonds between the two kingdoms.

Minho trusted his sister the most out of every noble person in his court. She is honest, forward and has a tender heart for the people of low birth as she spent most of her life with them. She can act in the best interest of the people as well as the King who sent her on her mission.

Nervousness takes a bit of her mind in hope that she remembers everything of the culture and tongue, Jisung and his servants Felix and Jeongin taught her. She became quickly acquainted to all of them as the married couple finally showed themselves from the king's chambers.

The young duchess chuckles as she remembers when she first saw the royal couple of her homeland. The poor prince looked like a frightened squirrel at the night of the after-ceremonial party. And even though nobody noticed the married couple when they snuck into the venue, Aura sure did. Just like her brother, she didn't give much respect to tradition and the slightest familiar whisper became known to her, as her brother snuck his groom to their table. But she understood Minho's need for his alone time with his new husband.

She could see him fallen in love ever since he came back from the meeting with King Chan. He told her about Prince Jisung, how lovely and borderline innocent and cute he looked. Aura could very well tell he was utterly charmed by the young man. The only hope in her heart was that her brother's love would be reciprocated.

The carriage has been going uphill for a while, so she changes her position to sit on the other side, when she sees it. The beautiful view of the sun getting closer to the horizon of the sea. The course of her short life hasn't really given her a chance to travel to the sea. So, the sight of the azure blue water at which the glistening sunlight is reflecting warms her heart.

When Aura's carriage comes through the capital city, slowly getting closer to the castle, she sees the citizens, the poor, the wealthier when one thing comes to her mind. She cannot wait to learn more about them and their life.

After what seems like an eternity of basking in the sight of the capital residents, the coachman notifies her that they will arrive at the castle in a few minutes. To which her breath is caught in her lungs. The duchess is suddenly very nervous.

It is true, that in the last weeks, Aura has been learning the language and customs from Jisung, sometimes with the help of Felix and Jeongin. According to them, she would meet with the King right away. Which is what made her nervous. She knew that King Chan was smart and compassionate, especially towards his brother and his people.

But she was a stranger to him, bound to cooperate with him in the favor of their both kingdoms. She can only hope that the man in question wouldn't have many prejudices towards her person. Because of that reason, Aura is determined to hide the secret behind her title.