𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘪.

Start bij het begin

"I think we're going to have a bit of a ladies man on our hands."Harper explained, as Arthur bounced about on her hip, squeals leaving his lips making the young mother smile involuntarily.

Peg nodded her head. "— oh definitely, if he's anything like his dad, then most certainly."

"Can you believe that he's six months old?,"Harper turned her head back to her friend who was rubbing her growing belly softly. "— it feels like just yesterday that Alice was taking me to the hospital"

Mentioning Alice made Harper remember what she was going to do before Peg showed up on her doorstep, she didn't want to sound rude in any way, but during their conversation, the Chambers women had cast her eyes over to her friends house and not once had she seen anything happen.

Was Jack even there?

Harper cleared her throat, "—Um, Peg, can I ask for a favour?"

"Oh, of course you can,"She nodded her head, whilst speaking. "What can I do for you?"

Harper swallowed. "I need to head over to Alice's quickly. It'll probably be about ten minutes, do you think you could look after Arthur for a little bit? If not I can bring him with me—"

The olive toned woman was cut off by her friend. "Of course I don't mind, I'll happily baby sit this little cutie pie."

"Thank you so much,"Harper let out a soft breath, shifting the baby that was resting on her hip and manoeuvring him so that he was safely in her friend's arms, bouncing up and down on her stomach where he was resting.

"Feel free to stay here, he wasn't fed that long ago so he shouldn't get that fussy, and I'm pretty sure that you won't have a hard time changing his diapers..."Once again the new mother was cut off by peg.

The woman waved her words off with her hand. "— I've got this, Harps. Go and do whatever you need to do around Alice's, we'll be here."

She nodded her head and pressed a kiss to Arthur's cheek, before heading over the road to where Alice and Matthew's house was.

Her steps were fast and hurried as she crossed the road and walked up the pathway towards their front door, stopping in front of it.

She knocked once, and there was no answer.

She knocked again and there was no answer.

So, she placed her left hand on the door knob, and twisted it, the door opening up slowly.

Her eyes adjusted to the light that was in the house, once she had walked inside quietly, and shut the door softly behind her, she could hear hushed voices coming from what she thinks is the living room, so she let her feet carry her that way, knowing where it was seeing as she had been over so many times.

But the one factor that made her heart beat faster against her rib cage was the dish that Jack had brought round was smashed on the floor, pieces of glass littering all over the place.

The voices were getting louder the closer she got, and the second she looked around the corner, her eyes instantly widened upon the sight.

Alice was sitting at the table by herself, with Matthew and Jack, who were both passed out with both their arms and legs restrained to the dining room chair they were strapped to. Empty whiskey glasses on the table in front of them.