50. Minus × Minus= Plus

Start from the beginning

After sometime they broke the hug. Ram smiled at Priya and took out the bracelet he bought for her.
Ram: May I?
Priya gave him a small smile and he made her wear the bracelet in her left hand. He put a soft kiss on her knuckles and looked at her.
Ram: Congratulations Mrs. Kapoor. I know it has been really tough for you to give birth and to raise Pihu all alone but tum toh tum ho...you did it. Hamari bachhi iss duniya ki sabse pyaari bachhi hai aur inn sab ka shrey sirf tumhe jaata hai.
Priya shook her head with a smile.
Priya: Nahi. 50% aapko bhi jaata hai. (Kissing his forehead) so Congratulations to you too.
Ram(sadly): Maine kuch nahi kiya hai. Literally.
Priya: Aisa aapko lagta hai. Mujhe nahi. (Clearing her throat, with a little smile) Aapko yaad hai main kaisi thi...rude, pessimistic, awkward- I mean ab bhi hoon main waisi thodi par phir meri zindagi mein aap aaye. Aapne mujhe khush hona shikhaya, zindagi ko kaise enjoy karte hai yeh shikhaya, baarish se pyaar karna shikhaya...meri zindagi ki choti badi khushiyan sab aap ne mujhe di hai. Aur Pihu aaj aisi hai kyunki main aisi hoon, aur main aisi hoon kyunki aapne mujhe aisa banne mein help ki hai. Toh isiliye bol rahi hoon ke Pihu ki parvarish mein jitna mera contribution hai utna hi aapka bhi hai. Haan aap nahi the hamare saath itne din par maine koshish ki ke aapki saari achhi baatein Pihu mein rahe.

Ram was crying at this point. He felt overwhelmed as Priya opened her heart out to him. She shared how she felt and it was a big thing for her and for him too. He gave her a soft smile.
"Haan tum paachaas baar 'I love you' nahi bolti par tumhari yeh baatein mujhe bataati hain ke tum mujhse kitna pyaar karti ho. Mujhe ab meri saari baatein, mere waadein ek khali kalash mein jaise awaaz zyada hoti hain waisi lagti hai. Nahi lagta mujhe ke maine tumse kiya hua ek bhi wada nibhaya ho. Tumhare liye ladne ke wajay tumhi se lad liya maine woh bhi tab jab tumhare andar ek nanhi si jaan thi. Hamare pyaar ki nishaani. Main khud ko iss baat ke liye kabhi maaf nahi kar paayunga Priya. Kabhi nahi.", he thought to himself.

Priya noticed that although Ram was looking at her but his mind was somewhere else. His eyes were moist, they held a sense of pain in them. So she held his hand, caressing the back of it. That brought Ram back to the reality. He blinked rapidly a few times.
Priya(softly): Aap thik hain na? Maine kuch galat bol diya kya? I'm sorry.
Ram shook his head, pulled their intertwined hands close to him and gently kissed her hand. He cleared his throat and looked into her eyes again.
Ram: Main thik hoon Priya. Bass mujhe zyada credit de rahi ho jo main deserve nahi karta.
Priya: Kaha na maine aap nahi maante honge par main maanti hoon. Mr. Kapoor we don't have to agree on everything.
Ram: But don't we need to be on the same page? Woh toh zaroori hai na...
Priya nodded for some seconds.
Priya: But we can be on the same page using different directions. Aisa nahi hai ke hume ek jaisa hi sochna hai. We can have different opinions and still be on the same page.
A frown formed on Ram's forehead as he analysed what Priya wanted to tell him.
Ram: Hmm. Yeh bhi sahi hai.
Priya nodded with a smile. She forwarded her hand to him.
Priya: Uthiye. Bohot der se niche baithe huye hain.
Ram didn't stand up instead he went closer to her and again kept his arms on her knees, looking at her dreamily.
Ram: Yeh thik hai?
Priya gave him a small smile, nodding a little. 
They kept looking at each other with their eyes full of love, soaking into each other's warmth which they missed in those 5 years.
Ram caressed her right cheek with his left palm and brought her face closer to his, touching their foreheads together.
Ram: Phirse kabhi tumhe khud se durr nahi jaane dunga main.
Priya: Main kahin nahi jaa rahi aapko chordke.
She hugged him tightly, caressing his soft curls. He hugged her back, finding solace in her arms.

Suddenly Ram's phone rang. He felt highly irritated.
Ram(not breaking the hug): Main jala dunga iss phone ko!
Priya broke the hug and told him to take the call. He pulled out his phone and saw that it's Adi. That made Ram more irritated as it's because of him he couldn't kiss Priya in the morning. He cut the call in anger.
Priya: Kya hua? Phone kyun katt diya?
Ram(making a face): Mujhe baat nahi karni usse.
Priya: Kyun?
"Ab isko kaise bolun ke uski wajah se mujhe tumhare paas jaane ka mauka nahi mil raha", He thought.
Ram: Aise hi mood nahi hai mera.
Priya: Yeh kaisi baat hui? Kuch important hua toh?