i. just playing a role

Start from the beginning

     The two teens made their ways into the booming house. Tara went to look for drinks immediately, while Sadie choose to spy on her boyfriend. To his knowledge, she wasn't even coming to this party and instead would be helping his sister chop up the two dicks from their film studies class. However, Quinn begged Sadie to let her do it all on her own, and who was she to tell her no?

     She snuck her way over to the adjacent wall they were leaned on, laughing at her boyfriends poorly made costume and his horrible dancing. A guy in a Shrek costume passed her and she stealthily scooped his drink out his hand as he turned to talk to the girl beside him. Sadie smelled the substances before bringing it to her lips and taking a swig. Vodka traveled down her throat and she pursed her lips together in disgust.

"It's about time we get you out there! Start introducing you to some girls," Chad spoke sternly to Ethan, making Sadie listen in closely now. Ethan stared at Chad in disgust but replaced it with a look of fake excitement when he looked over at him. "What about her?" Chad pointed to a girl in a slutty Harry Potter outfit who was dancing along with her friends.

"She's gorgeous!" Ethan barley spit out, trying his best to sound interested, but in reality all that was running through his mind was Sadie. However, they both have a roll to play and that role was to only appear as acquaintances. They 'met' each other through mutual friends, is what all of their current friends believe.

"Ask her out," Chad stated.

"Dude, no I can't—" Ethan shook his head.

"Ask her out! Ask her out!" Chad chanted repeatedly as he hit Ethan's chest area of the box. He was hoping that his shy, dorky roommate would branch out a little tonight.

     "Shut up!" Ethan yelled in laughter, swatting Chads hands away from him.

     "Look at you, man! You're practically an entire meal on your own!" Chad encouraged, looking him up and down. He isn't wrong.

     "Really?" Ethan asked sincerely, a small smile illuminating his face at the compliment. Sadie felt her heart melt.

     "Yeah, dude! You're Ethan Landry, now ask her out!"

Sadie rolled her eyes as she pushed herself out from behind the wall, deciding she had heard enough. "Yeah, Ethan, ask her out. She's super hot." Both boys turned the the girl behind them in shock. Ethan's face went white at the sight of his girlfriend throwing a sarcastic smile at him.

"Sadie! I didn't know if you were going to make it tonight!" Chad exclaimed excitedly, throwing an arm around Sadie's shoulder and pulling her in between him and Ethan. The girls hand sneakily went over to her boyfriends, pinching his skin.

"Ow," Ethan hissed, making Chad look over at him in confusion, Sadie doing the same. "Uh- Yeah, sure, I'll ask her out," He smirked, looking smugly down at his girl as Chad pumped his fist into the air. If Sadie wanted to play games, he could play them too. With a sudden burst of confidence, he began to walk up to the girl. That confidence, however, faded as soon realized he would have to face the wrath of Sadie later on tonight. Ethan's feet became stuck in place a few feet away from the girl, and he now stood awkwardly in place.

     Sadie let out a small laugh, shaking her head. Chad unwrapped his arm from around Sadie and went over to pat Ethan on the shoulder. "Hey!" He shouted to the girl. "My friend here.. he's a snack, right?" Sadie's eyes burned into the back of Chad's head in anger. The other girl tilted her head to the side, offering Ethan a small smile, before turning back to her friends. They all bursted out into laughter, making fun of him, which just set the blonde off even more.

     "What did that mean?" Ethan asked Chad.

     "It's good, it's good!" Chad promised.

     "What?"

     He bit down on his lip, "There's room for improvement!" Anika came up to Chad and tapped him on the shoulder, whispering something to him before walking back the way she came from. Chad quickly followed behind her, leaving Ethan alone.

     Sadie strutted her way past her boyfriend, swaying her hips as she did, her eyes set on the drink table and the cute boy standing at it. Ethan's eyes followed her the whole way, his fist clenching when he realized what exactly she was doing.

     "Hi." Sadie fluttered her eyelashes innocently at the guy. "Can you pass me a cup, please?" He nodded his head and pulled off the red solo cup from the rest of the stack, handing it to Sadie. "Thanks."

     "I'm Reed," He stuck his hand out for Sadie to shake. She looked at it for a moment before she took it lightly. "And you are?"

     "Oh, I'm sorry. Sa-" Suddenly, Ethan stepped in the middle of the two, forcing their hands to split. Sadie rolled her eyeballs at Ethan's dramatics and stepped around him.

     "Not interested. She's not interested," He told Reed, offering him a tight lip smile. Reeds mouth opened to say something else but Ethan, once again, cut the conversation short. "Sorry, but we really need to get back to our friends. Their all pretty drunk." Ethan interlocked his and Sadie's hands, pulling her away from Reed.

     Sadie looked back at the guy and shot him a shoulder shrug. Ethan yanked on her hand a bit to get her to turn back around. There was basically smoke fuming out of his ears when Sadie looked up at him.

     "Don't give me that look, Sadie Jo," Ethan said strictly as Sadie shot him puppy dog eyes. "You knew what you were doing."

     A scoff left her lips, quickly letting the sympathetic act go and getting just as angry as he is. "Oh, just like you knew what you were doing when you went to ask that whore out," She shot back, pulling her hand away from Ethan's when she thought about how Mindy could be anywhere.

"I stopped, didn't I?" He defended himself, putting his hands up in the air.

"Only because you knew I would beat your ass if you actually did it," She gritted her teeth, her eyes narrowing in at him as he gulped. "Don't do that shit again, Ethan."

"I'm just playing a role, right?"

"You really want to do this with me right now?" She asked in seriousness, never letting their eye contact fall.

"No," He said back, his eyes now looking down at her lips. Sadie snapped in his face, throwing him piercing daggers.

"Don't you even think that you're getting any type of action tonight!" She hit his chest lightly.

He opened his mouth to object but Mindy's hand gripped harshly on his shoulder. "Sorry, but he's got to-" She looked over his shoulder before cutting herself short. "Oh, Sadie, it's you." Her eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Didn't know you two were good friends. Anyways, we have to go! Tara and Sam are bad into it and they just stormed out of the house." Mindy ran to the front door, swinging it open.

     "I seriously can't even get a kiss?" Ethan whined. Sadie shook her head in disbelief and began to follow after Mindy.

∘◦•༄ OLIVIA'S OUTRO!
( i know i said that the
first chapter to this book wouldn't
be out till next week.. but i lied.
i got bored & quickly wrote this😭.
anyways in love with them already.
writing their characters from this
point of view is so much fun! )