Drive in movie

school was over I just wanted to go home I was walking out of school then I felt a shoulder hold me back. I turned around. "Jazz, you have any plans after school" cherry said . well I was gonna watch Mickey Mouse and eat. "No why"
" well me Marsha are going to the drive in movie tonight with bob and randy and there bringing a friend along so.. I thought" was she trying to set me up with some dumb rich kid "No" I said walking away she came after me "please jazz i know how much you love movies I really need this favor just once" she begged I really didn't want to go out with one of bobs dumb friends but I did like movies. I sighed "fine but there buying" she nodded "see you at 8" i walked to my dads car. Todd was already in the back seat. It was silent the ride home. I went inside and played the Beatle to waste time. I woke up to a beeping car I guess I fell asleep. I hurried down stairs and headed for the blue mustang. "This is Tyler" bob said to me as I got in the car. "Hey" he said half asleep I could smell alcohol as he spoke. He was drunk I can't believe I actually tried to do this. I eyed cherry down she knew what was wrong right away she looked angry Marsha just kept quiet. We drove into the theater "STOP THE CAR!!" cherry yelled out bob did as she ordered "c'mon were leaving" cherry said to me and Marsha. I did as she said "I told you I'm never going out with you drunk!!" Cherry said as bob tried and stop her from leaving. Tyler was passed out in the car. Randy couldn't even move as he said "stop" in a sleepy tone. We walked away from the blue mustang and went to the back sits cherry was still complaining about what happened. I just tried to watch the movie and then some greaser had to start problems by putting his foot on cherry's chair I knew who he was seen him a couple of times by police cars. I ignored them while cherry was getting angry. He then left I finally got a good look at the boys behind us faces it was pony boy and some kid I seen at school a few times . "I swear if you start more problems Im gonna.." He stopped me "we're not jazz" Marsha and cherry both looked at me "you two know each other" Marsha questioned "science partner remember" I said silently a little embarrassed about knowing a greaser. "wanna sit up here with us" cherry suggested they nodded pony boy sat next to me. I felt weird how we ended things at school "I'm really sorry" I whispered not being to loud during the movie. "It's fine my name does sound like a joke" he said not making eye contact "no it's just .. original" he finally looked at me and smiled. Two bit one of ponys friends that I seen and talked to in school and few times he came over to us " hey jazz and cherry and who's this doll" he said flirting with Marsha a bit. After the movie the boys wanted to walk us home "you really don't have to we live on the other side of the town" I suggested to them but they insisted. I walked side by side with pony we talked about school mostly "I'm sorry that I never said hi to you before or anything"
"Is fine a girl like you wouldn't want to be seen with me Anyways" he said looking down. I felt bad but it was true I wish it wasn't "that's not true I don't care what people say if I like talking to greaser" I said laughing a bit "Maybe we can talk at the diner tomorrow" he asked looking over at me "sure" I said not questioning it. Head lights started shining on us I looked over at the mustang and it was them "don't turn around" cherry demanded . They stopped the car "did you guys really leave us for these. White trash greasers" bob said . Two bit was ready to fight with his switch knife out . "Stop don't fight" cherry said putting herself in between the boys "we will go with you" she said to bob I walked towards the car and could still smell the alcohol I rolled my eyes. This is why socs are such jerks we can afford to much alcohol. I looked back at ponyboy and smiled I don't know what I was gonna say when people start asking why I'm hanging out with a greaser.