chapter 1

Ankit looked at a part of the story of Udaariyaan and wrinkled his nose in distaste, sighing. This show was not something he looked forward to. He had already given his audition and the minute he was kind of confirmed for a character, he was handed the date of when the time for script reading would be held.

He felt as if he would love to do more action scenes rather than romantic ones. The fact that he was to play a boxer did make him feel intrigued but the urge to do some action scenes was more. He was already an athletic person but the character of Fateh was a multitude of actions and emotions. Overwhelming emotions.

Emotions were hard for him. He has to show a side of him that he used to be. Ankit used to be a boy with a hot temper and quick words. Now he is a man of careful words and awful silence that makes people question what he is made of. Ankit wants nothing but to stay to himself, read some books or watch some movies. In the past year or so, Ankit was slipping into darkness, slowly losing grasp of himself. He feared that he would go deeper every time he realized he was slipping.

It was like he was disconnecting from the world and every other part of the world. He wanted to do nothing and it was almost as if he was the walking dead. So this show was a great opportunity to go out and do something, who knows maybe this could be a turning point for his career and would end up great for him?

So now he was seated at the script reading and patiently waited for the rest of the crew members to pop around. A girl with a sharp jawline walked in in casual clothes and a bright smile. The first thing he noticed was her jawline. It's funny because Ankit does not even know who she is or where she came from. He's never seen her before at all.

She takes a seat on the other side and he blinks. He sees her talking to people and then she faces him.

"So you're Ankit"

"Yes, and you?"

"I'm Priyanka"

He offers her a slight smile, "I thought I had a nice jawline but you have an even better jawline"

Priyanka laughs. Her laugh was melodic and contagious because once she laughed, people around her somewhat started to laugh as well. Ankit didn't know what to make of it because it was just their first meeting.

They started to shoot for the promo and the episodes and Ankit stayed in his own zone. Lost in his thoughts, not responding to anyone unless necessary. Nights were spent alone in his own bedroom where his bed was cold. He loved the new penthouse he got.

During some shoots, he would see Priyanka glancing at him and then when he looked at her, she would look away. It was almost as if she was avoiding him. Ankit thought it was because they were new to each other's presence, however he made no effort in trying to be friends with anyone. Priyanka had already made so many friends on set but he would still rather sit in his corner, joking around when he felt like it.

authors note:

:/ it's hard dividing this story by chapters since i wrote it, intending for it to be on twitter originally so i didn't pay attention to chapter 1s or 2s. i'm still dividing it somehow, so be patient with me! thank youuu. <3 lots of love, ams.