Chapter 20: Fight

Start from the beginning

Luckily, the door opened the reveal the cheery face of Miles. He wore a grin on his face that made Gwen's shoulders instantly relax.

"Hey Gwen, what's up?" he spoke lightheartedly. His demeanor more relaxed then the girl had seen him in awhile.

"So not mad. Good."

"Not much," she replied as she stuffed her hands in her hoodie pocket. She nodded toward the doorway, "Mind letting me in?"

"Oh right, sorry," the boy chuckled nervously, stepping aside give her access.

Gwen stepped in a briefly looked at her surroundings. The Morales living room had a rustic feel to it. They're were dark brown couches along the wall, positioned across from the tv. Between the two pieces of furniture, lie a short, wooden table and beyond the living room she could see a small kitchen. In the kitchen there was a white countertop with and island, wooden seats and matching wooden cabinets along the walls.

"Cute," Gwen complimented, her eyes drifting from the cabinets down to the kitchen sink that only had a frying pan it.

"Yeah, mom's a crazy neat freak," Miles chuckled, "I swear she has OCD."

Gwen matched his laugh with her own. "Yeah well, I'd say that's a good thing," Gwen spoke as Miles made his way to the couch and plopped down, his eyes trained on her as she talked, "If it were left up to you this place would look like the Hulk just came barreling through."

"Well..." Miles drawled the words out with a smile as his head tilted up and a hand cupped his chin, "Yeah."

The two teens laughed as Gwen took a seat beside Miles. The boy reached forward and grabbed two controllers from the shelf underneath the table.

"You ready to lose the best hero ever?" Miles asked, flashing his signature dorky grin.

Gwen titled her head to the side in mock confusion, "I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting him."

Gwen smirked at Miles stunned expression. "Ouch," he laughed. He pressed a button on the controller and the television screen came to life.

It was some sort of fighting game, though Gwen was surprised at the detail in the graphics.

"So... whatcha think?" Miles asked. He bore a proud grin as if he had hand-crafted the game.

Gwen had to smother a smile at the look on his face. "It's pretty cool," she replied, "I don't think I've ever played a game that wasn't 2d."

"What!" Miles boomed. He shook his in utter shock as Gwen rose a brow. He placed a hand on his chest and sighed dramatically, "You poor uneducated soul."

"Shut up," she laughed as she gave his shoulder a light shove. Gwen couldn't help, but notice the way Miles eyes lit up at the contact.

Biting her lip to suppress a smile, Gwen turned back to the illuminated screen in front of them. "So are we gonna play or are you just gonna sit here and brag over something that'll never happen?" The blond joked her eyes trained on the screen as she selected her character.

Miles shot up in his seat a toothy grin forming on his face. His gripped onto the control tightly and leaned closer to the screen as if he needed to see it better, even though Gwen knew the spider-bite had corrected his nearsightedness. "Prepared to lose, Gwanda," he warned.