"Of course." The giant answered, and peeked in (Y/n)'s direction as he continued. "You two should enjoy yourselves together, on your own."

'Oh. I see what he's trying to do.' (Y/n) thought, upon noticing Drole shortly glance at them as he spoke.

'Setting us up, huh? Way to go, Drole! I'm indirectly appointing you as our official wingman from now on.'

Making sure Gloxinia doesn't notice, they gave a nod of understanding in the giant's direction - a silent 'Thank you'.

"Alright then." Gloxinia hesitantly agreed, seemingly a bit reluctant to leave Drole behind. "In that case, we'll leave it to you."

"Before that, is there anything you wish for us to bring back for you, Drole?" (Y/n) asked, unwilling to not gift him something from their trip.

Drole raised a hand to his chin in thought, before answering.
"Then, maybe some pork? Yeah, a pork dish would do fine." (that's his favourite food, btw)

"Got it." (Y/n) said, giving the giant one last glance, before focusing on Gloxinia.

"Then, dear, shall we be off now?" They asked the fairy, with a gentle tone, offering a hand towards him.

They observed Gloxinia's cheeks flush slightly at the endearment. The sweet rosy red colour adorned his pretty features, heightening his ethereal beauty even further.

When he accepted their hand, (Y/n) swiftly pulled him closer towards them, with a twirl, as if dancing.

And in a teasing and playful tone, they didn't forget to say: "It's a date."

-*+:".°.":+*-

Upon reaching the gates of Coland, Meliodas spotted the emerging figure of Zeldris, to which he instantly attacked.

He cut the figure in half, before momentarily staring at the body, muttering lowly to himself. "Thought so. It wasn't real."

It was then that he heard Melascula's voice, sickening and calm. "To strike at him, knowing that it was a trap. My, my, you must really be furious at Zeldris, aren't you, Meliodas?"

Meliodas uttered her name, when he suddenly found himself enveloped by Melascula's 'Cocoon of Darkness', the same skill she used on (Y/n) when they went to save him.

Blackness overtook his vision, muddling his perception as a result. Yet Meliodas stood still, looking around the empty surroundings.

In a fruitless effort to break the Cocoon, the demon tried to use the technique 'Hellblaze', hurling bright flames towards the seemingly endless darkness.

Not that it worked, of course.

And consequently, he heard Melascula's voice again, who emitted a deriding chuckle as she spoke to him.

"Your Hellblaze is a dark power, remember? It'll have zero effect in here. Still, what a delicious suprise."

An almost ghostly image of Melascula appeared in his vision, and she stared down at him.
"Being brought back to life and losing your emotions every time you die is one hell of a curse to be given. What a tragedy!"

In annoyance, Meliodas glared at her, as he raised his sword to cut her image.

Yet, even when he could no longer see her, he continued to hear her voice, which unexpectedly mentioned (Y/n).

"How fortunate for you to have been saved by (Y/n) back then. To think they even saved a traitor such as yourself, Meliodas. You ought thank them properly for their grace."

'Why did she bring (Y/n) into this conversation?' Meliodas thought, becoming increasingly suspicious.

The way Melascula was speaking about them was also strange. You'd think that she would hate (Y/n) after humiliating her on that day, but such feelings seemed to only be targeted at him, and not (Y/n).

Not only that, but she referred to (Y/n)'s actions as a 'grace', instead of something along the lines of 'atrocity' or 'transgression'. What's that about?

It's as if Melascula knew them a bit more personally, compared to on that day.

'Did the two come into contact since then?' Meliodas wondered, unsure what to make of it if that were true.

However, interrupting his thoughts, the demon heard Melascula's voice again.

"Listen, since it's just you and me here, let's do something to pass the time. Oh, I know. How about some questions?
It'd be better for the both of us if you answer them truthfully. After all, you are basically my hostage now, right? And the situation of your friends' outside isn't good either. You wouldn't want something to happen to them, would you? Especially not to that goddess Elizabeth."

Meliodas instantly tensed at the mention of his lover and friends. Glaring at Melascula, yet still remaining silent, he felt himself become angrier.

Yet, despite his furious state, Melascula spoke again, in a nonchalant and apathetic tone.

"I suggest you calm down."

'Calm down?' The phrase repeated itself in Meliodas's mind - the cruel irony haunting him. Clenched his fist, he couldn't stop his body from trembling in fury and frustration.

What exactly was she playing at? How dare she say that after clearly threatening him?

"The destructive force spilling from your body is being absorbed by the Cocoon of Darkness, and it's being transferred to the undead soldiers I raised. This is the Dead Soul Enhancement Law, Carnage Grudge.
Simply put, you're making your friends' situation worse. Meliodas and the Seven Deadly Sins destroying eachother - wouldn't that be a sight?"

"What do you want, Melascula?" Meliodas finally uttered, spitting out her name in disgust, with his question sounding more like a demand.

In response, another image of Melascula appeared infront of him. And unlike her usual expression of contempt and ridicule that Meliodas was used to seeing, she looked strongly serious this time.

A frown was plastered on her face, and her eyes gazed down at Meliodas in an emotion he couldn't quite identify - but it looked like thoughtfulness or solemnity.

And if possible, the atmosphere tensed more that it already was. In which silence plagued both demons, almost like an indirect confrontation.

Worst still, out of the two of them, it was Meliodas that felt most uncomfortable.

Melascula's strange behaviour makes him question her intentions. And it worried him that he was suddenly finding it difficult to read her.

So, wary and suspicious, he waited for her to answer his question, which she soon did.

"I want to hear this from you personally. What lead you to betray the Demon King 3000 years ago? Why exactly did you side with Elizabeth instead?"

_*!+-(.)-+!*_

Author's note :

Curse (Y/n) for saving Meliodas from dying in those few past chapters. And curse the butterfly effect.

So much of the events after his death is dependent on him losing his emotions to the Demon King. But (Y/n) completely destroyed that chain of causes and consequences.

Now I won't really have the original plot to base the story on. (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)

I'll have to alter it, and kinda make it myself. I didn't realise it'd be this hard until this chapter (which took ages, btw). And it was only some dialogue too.

Yeah, I don't know where things are going. Why did I make things difficult for myself?

I hope my suffering is obvious. This is my cry of anguish and regret.