Finally making it to the prison, Rick gently pushed open the door. Stepping aside he allowed me to enter first, letting me see everyone sitting down at the table. Their eyes darting about as their voices filled the cell block.

Shoving my hands in my pocket, I waited and let Rick pass around my ID card. As it pasted through each persons hands, I watched as their faces dropped in shock before passing it to the next.

As I watched, I had this burning feeling as though someone was watching my moves. Lifting my eyes, I meet Daryl's. He was leaning over the railing, keeping a look out from the catwalk. A scowl was painted across his face and his eyes were just slits as he glared at me.

"Care to explain Hadley?" For a second time Rick asked. But this time I knew he wasn't just asking, he was demanding an answer.

"The ID card, it was mine." Heaving a sigh, I reached out taking it from Glenn's shaky hand. I let my eyes wander over the small plastic card once again before looking up at everyone. "Before all this... Went down, I worked for the government."

"We already knew that, you worked at the CDC looking for a cure." Carol spoke up, trying to defend me against the group. "I don't understand why we are scrutinizing this girl Rick. She hasn't done anything to us." Her arms crossed over her chest, looking at me with pleading eyes.

Just seeing Carol standing up for me made me upset. I was upset at myself for letting these people believe my lies, the lies I was trying so hard to convince myself of.

"No." I shook my head. "I didn't work for the CDC. I worked for the government in a secret facility underground." Letting my hand run through my hair, I tugged on it as I paced back and forth. "We were working on a new bioweapon at the time."

"Wait? So you're like some super smart scientist?" Glenn asked, his eyes full of shock.

"I wouldn't say that. I was an idiot, an idiot for believing what we were doing was going to change the world." Closing my eyes I let a small breath escape my lips. I didn't even realize I was holding it, but I guess I was subconsciously waiting for them to attack.

"What happened? The ID badge said sector 9, that's where the broadcast said the outbreak originated." Hershel added in, as he got up onto his crutches. Hobbling over to where Maggie and Beth were standing.

"They were doing human trials, and the guy ended up dying on the table. Unfortunately he didn't stay dead." The image of that man sitting up immediately popped into my head. Seeing his cloudy eyes, and his graying skin just before he attacked everyone. "By the time a squad unit got there, it had ripped through almost everyone. After that I took off running. I was scared."

When I tilted my head to look at everyone, they all seemed to be lost in thought. Well everyone except Shane who was aggressively tapping his foot against the metal stairs he was sitting on.

"When I reach the surface, I took off to my house. I barricaded myself inside, waiting for this to end. But it didn't. I knew I was a coward for running so when they started playing the announcements for the CDC in Atlanta, that's were I went." I sighed, letting my teeth gently bit my lower lip. "When I got there, they found that same stupid card!" I yelled, feeling my emotions bubbling up. "I was there to help them, but did they listen? No!" I shouted once again. "They tied me up and beat me until I was unconscious. They beat me over and over again, until the outbreak got to out of control and they left."

"Oh how dramatic Hadley." Snapping my head up I heard the all to familiar voice. The voice that has become a nightmare to me.

The governor was standing there, clapping his hands as he pushed his way into the cell block. Followed closely behind by his band of minions. Each having a gun positioned in their hands, showing us that they were here for a reason.