Chapter 6 - training day 1

Start from the beginning

I stretch a little bit as people start to filter in. They came in this order Marvel and Glimmer together. They noticed me and they waved and joined me with stretching. Next came the two tributes from district 2, I didn't know their names but I noticed that the boy kept looking at me for a few minutes and then he stopped. He's weird. The next tributes were Thresh and Rue I knew that my face must of visibly lightened up when I saw Rue because she looked at me with her usually shy smile. I looked at thresh and I nodded my head. They both kept off to the side and chatted softly.

The rest of the tributes filtered in within the next half an hour. The last tributes were the ones from twelve "the ones on fire" everyone was saying. I knew from talk that Katniss and Peeta was their names. Katniss had volunteered as well for their sibling. She had gained some respect from me, but the rest she had to earn.

The instructor from early came over and cleared her throat. "Welcome everyone to your first day of training you will get three days of training, including today, before you get your scoring. You will train hard if you want to get a good score, but beware survival. In two weeks 23 of you will be dead, who they are depends on how well you pay attention to what I am about to say. First, no fighting with the other tributes. You'll have plenty of time to do that in the arena." The girl from two looked around, she made eye contact with me and smirked. I kept a neutral face as I looked back to the woman.

"There are two compulsory exercises and the rest is individual training. My advice to you is don't ignore the survival skills. Many of you want to grab a sword but half of you will die from natural causes." The woman, who's name was Atla that I learned later, continued, "Twenty percent from dehydration and ten percent of you from infection. Exposure can kill just as easily as a knife." Atla let that sink in and then let the tributes go off on their own.

Glimmer, Marvel and I walked over to the weapons. Marvel grabbed the spear, Glimmer grabbed the bow and arrow, and I watched. Marvel was powerful with the spear. I had to use every ounce of me not to look absolutely stund by his power.

Glimmer on the other hand wasn't doing to hot. You could tell she was all bark no bite, or at least when it came to the bow. She missed almost all the shots, or she hit the targets arms or legs. I look at glimmer chuckling softly. "You should try if your so good." Glimmer stated to the laughing girl. She said it in a way that didn't mean harm, it sounded like she was embarrassed and wanted to find a reason to stop. I nod.  "fine I will." As I take the bow and arrow walking to the simulator, I turned it to the highest setting and I went in waiting, the lights dimmed and a orange person with an axe came running at me.

Catos pov:

I shoved my sword into another dummy, puncturing it easily when I hear one of the most annoying voices of all the tributes speak. "You should try if your so good."  I look over to see what exactly was going on, and I see that she was holding a bow, I look at the target and I smirk at just how badly she was. She was talking to the girl from ten. I look at the girl from ten and then I shake it off. "fine I will."  The girl stated. All the tributes were looking at her now as she walked to the simulator punching in the hardest level. Even Peeta was looking from his painting.

Clove and I shove to the front, so that we can have the best view. To the left of me to my downfall was the girl, and her boy tribute. I look back at the simulator to see the girl pull back the drawstring. She shot each and every orange enemy with ease. She had the agility of a cat as she dodged any flying weapons. I was shocked, she looked weak. But in reality she was strong. I looked away acting as if she bored me. But in reality she could never bore me.

I watched as she exited the simulators with a smug look on her face...

Hannah's pov