Meeting Amalia

Amalia

Growing up has always been different for me than what it has been to others my age. I was the first child of 4 born to the King of Scotland, so I am heir to the throne, not really a role I want but I will be grateful nonetheless.

I have 3 younger siblings, Frederick who is 3 years younger than me, and Caroline who's 2 years younger than him, then Daniel is only a few months old, making him much younger than the rest of us. Even with the 5 year age gap Caroline and I are very close, yet she still doesn't know all about me as there are a few things I keep to myself, for a good reason of course.

From the age of 5 to 13 I used to go karting each weekend with my uncle Tommo in England. This was something that only the two of us knew, no-one else. I didn't really know how my parents didn't find out, and why they actually let me spend so much time with him, but I found that out eventually. He had been suffering with cancer for many years, and so, when I was 13 he died rather suddenly. His death was the reason that I gave up karting, because I no longer had any way of getting there.

During my karting days I raced against people such as George Russell, Lando Norris and Alex Albon. And, much to my luck, I beat them in almost every race.

At one point my uncle had also taken me to rugby but unfortunately that had to stop once I returned home with a broken arm and my parents were not impressed.

But now the only sport I seem to be allowed to do is horse riding, which is fine and all but I prefer the physical aspect of rugby and the adrenaline in karting to horse riding. It's just not a sport I enjoy that much but I suck it up instead of being ungrateful. It is so unfair how I have no say in these things.

The only thing is that with the sports I have done in the past I have quite a muscular body compared to the average princess and I do sometimes face discrimination for that, although around the world not many people seem to know there is a royal family in Scotland so atleast there's that.

At this point I just tend to watch any sport that's on as it's some sort of entertainment. I have Sky Sports aswell so I watch F1 on that when its on along with F2, F3, and any other sport. I don't really watch cricket and all those things though as I find them a bit boring, but that's just my opinion.

I'm also the only one in my family who really likes sport so I'm the only one that watches it. Sometimes its annoying not to have company but you get used of it.

Luckily, for primary school I was the only one in my family that went to a public school but that's what I wanted. Secondary school on the other hand, i went to a random boarding school in England, not my favourite place.

The only thing I liked about that boarding school was that there was a track nearby. You just had to walk about 300m through a forest and you would be there. This was my favourite place to go to get away from school.

I had spent most of my free time just sitting outside the track near the forest and somehow i still got really good grades in every subject, which the rest of my class were annoyed about. Being at the track was just a nice getaway from things.

I also didn't really have friends because I just didn't fit in with the people in my classes. But despite the 5 year age gap me and my sister were very close, although I never really saw her once I went to secondary school.

Then I went on to study engineering in college, which I thoroughly enjoyed as it was along the lines of formula 1.

Well, there's some bit of a summary of my life, let's see the rest of it.