A Hero is Born (00)

...
"The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished. There maybe no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except... the legendary Monkey King. The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, the Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction."

"And with the Demon Bull King gone... civilization was able to advance into the amazing city we now live in. A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King."

The black haired boy garnering a bright red bandana squealed happily,
"Oh, that's so good!! Monkey King's so cool- he's so strong and handsome!"
The boy swooned and gushed.

The man nudged his glasses into place and chuckled..
"Oh, MK... and you thought you knew all the Monkey King stories."
the boy identified as MK turned in disbelief and huffed,
"Oh, but I do! I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey King, written and illustrated by yours truly!"
MK flipped through the pages, flipping back and forth to find the right pages.
"Like I knew he was was born from a stone! And lives behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friends!! And- and- and oh!"

The man with glasses laughed and leaned back against the counter of the ramen shop.
"It's nice to know someone's taking in taking in all these stories... pearls of wisdom, dripping from my lips."
He smiled warmly while MK rambled on and on while sifting through his hand written autobiography...
He cleared his throat, catching MK's attention.
"Well, you know the deal; one story, one free bowl of Zha jiang mian, hmm?"

MK took a moment to process the man's words... immediately understanding what he meant thereafter.
"Huh? Oh right! Free noodles! Yep, on it."
MK scrambled to make the Zha jiang mian, rambling as he went...
"How heavy do you think a mountain is? Compare to like-" a ladle had been flung towards MK, hitting him square in the nose and knocking him back on the floor.
The figure who had so harshly thrown the soup ladle at MK; was a seething, stout pig demon...
The pig immediately bellowed,
"Free noodles?!" The pig snatched the bowl of noodles and slammed it down on the countertop, somehow not shattering the fragile bowl.
"No one gets a free meal at Pigsy's! I'm not running a charity here, Tang!"

The man now identified as Tang looked at the pig demon, Pigsy with a nervously charming smile.
"Ah, but Pigsy! I was paying with wisdom!" Tang had tried to explain of his absence of pay.
Pigsy was steaming with anger, pointing the soup ladle at Tang with his tusks baring menacingly.
"Yeah? Well, "wisdom" don't pay the rent!" Pigsy snapped his head to face MK...
"And you! You've been slacking off all morning! I've got dozens of orders that need to go out, so quit slacking and get packing!!"
MK shrunk back meekly and let out a nervous chuckle...

"Yeah.. I was about to take my break.. sooo..." MK drawled out the last few o's and tapped his fingertips together.
Pigsy irked at the brunettes comment and slammed his fist on the counter, once again it was a miracle nothing had broken by Pigsy's rage.
"Break? BREAK?! There's no break in war! I need workers. Soldiers in the army of Pigsy's Noodles, home of the world's longest noodles. How else am I gonna expand my business into enemy territory?!" Pigsy borked angrily as the two brunettes shrunk away...
MK jabbed his thumb behind him,
"Uh... do you mean mean across the street?"
You could practically see the steam shoot from Pigsy's floppy ears and from his snout like he was an overflowing tea kettle...