CC017 | Songkran 2023 [CLOSED]

Start from the beginning

💧 sport 💧
You've been waiting for the Songkran Festival to begin because you've just finished building your boat for the boat races. With a reliable team and confidence, you're determined to win but the team starts having fights. What will happen? Will you achieve your dream and become the next boat racing champion?

💧 talesofthedeep 💧
You decide to go to Phuket to release the fish who has been your companion since you were little. During your heartfelt farewell, you notice there is another person who is crying next to you as they watch their own fish swim away. Will love spark between you as you share your bittersweet memories?

💧 YARomance 💧
During the big water fight in the streets of Chiang Mai, everyone is spraying water wildly. You raise your water gun on an unsuspecting person, only to discover it's your crush. Just before you pull the trigger, they lock eyes with you.

💧 APIFantasy 💧
While waiting for the Songkran parade to begin in Bangkok, you look for a place to get a snack and relax. None of the food carts seem interesting to you, so you end up wandering into a coffee shop you've never seen before. Little did you know that passing through that door would lead you into a world filled with creatures from Thai mythology and folklore.

💧 APIRomance 💧
Songkran is a difficult time for you because of your recent separation from your partner. However, this year is different. You decide to try something new, like the popular boat racing event, at this year's Songkran to overcome your heartbreak, where you meet your best friend.

💧 Fusion 💧
You have decided to attend a friend's wedding during Songkran in Thailand and make your way there from your home country or town. There you reunite with an old childhood crush that you haven't seen since you were a child. As you spend more time together during the celebration, you begin to wonder if this could not be more.

💧 ShortStory 💧
Your sentimental piece of jewelry goes missing during the Lady Songkran parade. While searching for it, you unexpectedly end up meeting someone whom you've only heard about in Thai folklore.

 While searching for it, you unexpectedly end up meeting someone whom you've only heard about in Thai folklore

💧 The contest runs from April 1, 2023 until April 30, 2023. The contest ends on April 30, 2023 11:59 PM EST. Any entries received after this time will not be included in judging.

💧 Your entries must not exceed 3000 words.

💧 OPTIONAL: tag your stories with #Songkran2023 and/or #ThaiNewYear2023

💧 Stories featuring the Royal Family or military will not be accepted.

💧 You may submit more than one entry, but only one of your entries has a chance of winning. Please publish your story as a separate book or in your existing short story collection.