In The Mist of the Storm. Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

Dylan looked at her as her face lit up. "A blanket? Why do you have a blanket in your car?"

"Hmm...It's just part of the aesthetics." Dylan said and smiled when he caught her cuddling and sniffing his blanket. She yawned and brought the blanket under her chin. "It smells nice." She said as her words droaned off.

"I just thought you might need it." Dylan said, giving her a quick glance. Jewel rested her head on the door and let out a deep breath. "Don't drool all over my blanket."

Jewel snickered at the comment then went into a full out laugh. "What are you saying?" She managed through her laughter.

"I'm just saying that you have to wash that yourself if you drool on it." Dylan teased.

"I'm not going to drool into your precious blanket Mr. Wells. But what if I do? Then what?"

"It's like I said. You're going to wash it or have me following you around for the more if you place your bewitching drool in my blanket."

"What?" Jewel laughed so hard that tears filled her eyes.

"I'm just stating the facts, that's all." He watched as Jewel buckled in laughter. "Then all your friends and family would want to know what you did to me."

"And I would say absolutely nothing."

"Lies!"

"It's the truth! I don't drool. That's nasty."

"What? C'mon you probably snore too. Like a bearded face big belly man."

"Stooopp it!" She yelled unable to stop laughing. And then the worst thing happened. She snorted in all that laughing. She knew it was all over.

"What was that? You trying to turn on me?" By this Dylan was laughing just as hard.

"I can't with you. Stop it. I'm a decent lady."

"That snores, drools and snorts. Uh huh decent all right." He rebutted.

Soon enough they were making way through the traffic. The thunder clapped above them and Jewel clutched the blanket tightly. She felt the need for a distraction. Dylan peered outside his window at two vehicles caught in an accident.

"By the look of it, they're going to be there for a while."  Jewel said, he glanced over his shoulder at Jewel who was also trying to see the collision, then she settled back in her seat.

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

"In this weather? The police is not going to be speeding down the highway if no one's hurt. That's just what it is."

"Hmm, you know you're right." Dylan over took two cars as he moved into the next lane heading southwest of the island. Jewel's cell rang. It was Clement wanting to know if she had gotten a ride. Jewel let him know that she was cover and on her way in. After putting down she looked at her phone screen. She gently rubbed her finger over it and smiled softly at the image.

"Who's that?" Dylan asked.

"My brother." Jewel said and sighed deeply.

"Wow. Didn't know you had a brother. Where is he?"

"Boarding school. "

"Yup, that sums up everything." Dylan understood everything in that little sentence. He also spent time abroad at school. "You miss him?"

Jewel sighed despondently. Her heart felt heavy thinking about her younger brother. "Yes I miss him very much. I keep thinking that he would  come back some day and I won't be able to get near him because..."