Chapter 1

🪶

"Talia" Peter whispers, gently placing his hand on my shoulder. "We're here."
Groaning, I get up, stretching and getting out of the car. I follow Peter who follows Happy into to building, Happy also with my bags. Peter can carry his own bags.
I hug my stuffed bunny to my chest tightly as we entered, and my mouth fell open in awe at the place. It was HUGE!
When we reached me and Peters shared room I was already overwhelmed and exhausted by the new environment. Before I knew it I was asleep again.

I woke up with a growling stomach that evening, and I sat up, glancing around the room.
I quietly walked over to Peter, tugging on his sleeve. He glances down at me, "good morning" he teases.
I frown, looking at the clock. Why would he say good morning when it's evening?
"Sorry. I was joking" he quickly apologizes, realizing how confused i am.
My stomach rumbles again and I point at it, furrowing my brows.
"You're hungry?" He asks, and I nod. "Me too. Let's go raid the kitchen" he says, walking toward the door. I trail after him as we exit the room and I freeze once we're out in the big hall.
He looks back, and takes my gently, "c'mon" he urges softly, leading me to the common room.
When we enter I immediately fall back, anxious. Tony Stark is having a glass of wine. Clint Barton, or Hawkeye, is having orange juice at the kitchen island. Bruce Banner is nerding out about something to Tony Stark.
"Morning Peter" Bruce says, mid-sentence.
Peter nods in response, "morning." Then he turns back to me, concerned.
"That your sister?" The Hawk asks, nodding at me.
"Yeah. This is Talia" Peter introduces me. Bruce opens his mouth to say something but Peter cuts him off, "no worries. She knows you guys already. She's kind of a... Nerd... About superheroes." He explains.
"Who's you favourite, kid?" Tony asks me.
I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. My heart beats rapidly, and I widen my eyes in panic. They all stare at me expectantly.
"She doesn't talk much" Peter quickly saves me.
"Well it's obviously me, isn't it?" Tony Stark suggests.
"How could you be anyone's favourite superhero?" Clint asks him.
"He was my favourite superhero!" Peter quickly says.
"I'm nobody's favourite superhero" Bruce says quietly after a moment of silence.
"You're Nat's favourite superhero" Clint says honestly.
"But who is Talia's favourite?" Tony says, turning the conversation back to me.
My fight or flight sense kicks in, but instead, I freeze. Glued to the spot. I have to do something!
Peter notices my face going pale and holds out his hand to me. His eyes search mine, and I'm fading in and out of reality. He also noticed this and intwines his fingers with mine. He gently pulls me out of the room.
"You can go back to the room, if you want." He suggests.
I shake my head. I wanna do this. Plus, I'm hungry.
I close and take a deep breath, and Peter squeezes my hand reassuringly. I yank him back into the room and point at him. I sign his name letter by letter, leaving everyone in the room confused.
"What did she say?" Bruce asks.
"Something about Peter..." Clint trails off.
"She says I'm her favourite superhero" Peter informs everyone.
I nod eagerly, and my stomach growls again.