♥ 𝔹𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 🦋 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕦𝕟𝕘 ♥

Start from the beginning

Though, after much more rustling of Minho's precious flower bushes, he became less and less sure if it was truly just a squirrel — or any animal that isn't an insect, at that. "Uhm, hello?"

"Hello?" the bushes echoed. 

"WOAH!" Minho yelled loudly, jumping back into the white bench that was just beside him. "W-who's there?" 

"Erm," a small voice said. "Don't worry about me! I'm just a little squirrel." The voice continued to imitate the sounds of a squirrel. Minho had to admit that they were very good squirrel sounds, but He wasn't convinced that it was simply a squirrel anymore.

"I don't think squirrels know Korean," Minho replied to the squirrel boy, Chess hovering just over his head.

"Uhhh . . . I guess they do now!" the boy chirped.

Minho groaned. "Just come out already." Chess looked over at Minho as if saying, "You have horrible patience, my guy. Not blaming you though."

More rustling was heard, until a figure was able to be seen, and then a small boy stepped over a bush. His overalls and his hands and arms dirty, alongside his face. "My name is Han Jisung," he stated matter-of -factly. "But you can call me Jisung."

"I'm Lee Minho, but you can call me Lee Know, because I know everything," Minho said smugly.

Jisung paused, seemingly buffering. "Uh, I'm just gonna call you Minho."

Minho rolled his eyes. "That part doesn't matter. What does matter is why you're in my  garden." Chess landed on the boy's shoulders, seeming to urge Jisung on to reply.

However, the squirrel boy merely shrugged. "My family just moved into the house next to yours. I guess that makes us neighbors!"  

Minho sighed. "I guess that does." Chess fluttered his little way over to Jisung, seemingly inspecting him. "Oh, and that's Chess." Minho stood up and walked towards the curious Chess and the squirrel boy.

"Woah," Jisung said slowly. "Is he your pet? I would love a pet butterfly."

"Kinda. I guess you could say he's my pet," Minho replied. "But, you must get this, it's very important; he's not just any butterfly, he's a chequered skipper! Very fluffy .

Jisung looked surprised, to say the least. "Wow. How did you know that? I just call them all butterflies. You're very smart."

The corner of Minho's mouth raised smugly. "Butterflies are my favorite thing in the world! I even know what the very smart  people call them. The scientists call them Carterocephalus palaemon . Lots of people don't know that." The small boy puffed his chest out with pride, very glad that at least his new neighbor was impressed by how much he knew about a singular species of butterfly.

"That's very cool," Jisung said. "I don't know much about anything. But I do have a pet spider. My mom doesn't have to know I have a pet spider. I call him Dave." Jisung smiled brightly at this.

"Maybe sometime I'll go over to see Dave."

"Heck yeah!" Jisung exclaimed, throwing one of his small fists into the air. "This is gonna be so fun! We'll be friends forever !" (an idk abt that one jisung *winks*)