Media Day

September 21st 2022

8:00 a.m.

--

Tyrese arrives at Gainbridge Fieldhouse a little after 8 am. Kissing his girlfriend Jade goodbye, he walks into the large arena. He sighs and smiles at the sight. This is a big moment for the 22 year old as its going to be his first full season as a Pacer. After not making it to the playoffs and ending the season in April it's now time to show the world what this team has. With a newly updated roster, the Pacers were gonna shine.

He walks into the locker room and is greeted by a smiling Aaron. Aaron was just traded to the Pacers over the summer and is still trying to get used to his teammates. 

Tyrese's goal is to make sure that he and their three rookies feel as welcome and at home as possible, because just a couple of months ago, he was in their same situation, doesn't know anyone he's around and hoping to make some new friends. 

He is doing well when it comes to befriending is new teammates.

"Hey double A!" Tyrese exclaims, sitting down next to Aaron.

"Hi." Aaron replies, smiling and dapping him up.

"So you been up to anything over the summer? Like exploring the city, meeting new people?" Tyrese questions.

"Well, my biggest thing is trying to get a place to live." Aaron chuckles. 

Before Tyrese could fit another word in Myles and James burst into the room, making noise. 

"TURN UP!" Myles shouts as James laughs loudly. 

Tyrese can see Aaron jump at the commotion. 

"You gonna have to get used to that." Tyrese turns to Aaron and laughs along with him.

--

It's now time for the team to take their photos. The boys are quite excited about this. 

Tyrese walks over to the photoshoot area on the courts where he finds two of the rookies, Andrew and Bennedict. He knew the two of them are kind of close, having known each other from before they got drafted. While Tyrese was already making friends with Benn, he was still getting to know Andrew. Part of it has to do with their personalities. Benn is more out going and extroverted but Andrew is a pretty quiet and shy person. So Tyrese made it his priority to make sure that he gets to know Andrew and let him know that the men on this team are his brothers and he can talk to them about anything and really just be himself.

Benn is called to take his pics and Andrew stands by the wall waiting for his turn.

"Hi Drew." Tyrese says.

"Hey." Andrew smiles and waves at Tyrese. 

"Waiting for your turn huh?" Tyrese asks. 

"Yeah. I'm nervous but excited." Andrew says.

"What are you nervous about?" Asks Tyrese.

"Oh just normal rookie stuff, like its my first game in the NBA so its kind of crazy to think about but honestly I think I'm ready and I think I'll do good." Andrew replies confidently.

"I like your confidence." Tyrese smiles and ruffles Andrew's curls.

"Yeah, I feel like people are doubting me just because I'm an older rookie so I'm just gonna show them that I'm just as good as any 19 year old coming into this league." Andrew smiles.

Tyrese knew that Andrew did his full four years of college which led him to ask the young man...

"When's your birthday? Cuz your 22 right?"