"I'm about to head out," He replied happily, turning his body as he stared at the cake with hungry eyes. "Do you need anything?"

"Have you studied?" Her expression immediately shifted to an irritated one. "Why are you going out if you haven't studied yet?"

"I..." Why do I suddenly feel so heavy...? "I did study, since 5 am."

He studied for seven hours, he knew that it wasn't enough in his mothers eyes but he needed to cram a bunch of study into the limited time he had before he needed to get ready for the hang out, what he didn't expect was his mother questioning him.

He honestly had hoped to avoid her.

Avoid? Why am I thinking that, isn't that disrespectful?

"Seven hours isn't enough, you know the amount I want you to study for is nine, are you trying to disappoint me?" Her expression turned cold as her tone became harsh, sending immediate chills down Beomgyu's body.

The feeling of dread and disappointment began to wash over him, he knew he shouldn't have shortened his study time when his mother kept track on everything he did. He didn't want her to be upset and disappointed in him, how could he ever be a perfect son if he didn't meet her expectations of him?

But... he wanted to see Taehyun, so bad.

"I apologize," Beomgyu spoke up softly, careful not to ignite the flames even more. "I promise I won't be out for long, I'll come back home and make up the time by studying for nine hours."

He knew he had no choice but to just listen to his mother, why would he disrespect her anyway? She sacrificed so much for him to be perfect, it would be a tragedy in his eyes if he didn't make it up by listening to her.

"You better, who are you even hanging out with today? Don't tell me it's that Yeonjun boy."

"Leave Yeonjun out of this mother," Beomgyu sighed softly, tired that she would always bring down his best friend for life. "It's with a classmate, my... friend, Kang Taehyun."

His mother stared at him, humming suspiciously before nodding her head in approval.

"I guess you can go, but make sure you get home early, or else you'll be studying for the entire day tomorrow and I don't even want one minute of slacking off, okay?" She said sternly, causing Beomgyu to weaken slightly from how anxious he was.

It wasn't the first time she would've made him study for an entire break with only two ten minute breaks.

"Yes, mother." Beomgyu mumbled softly, staring at the ground as he felt uneasy, why did he suddenly start to feel so upset when she told him to do that? Usually he would feel fine and understand why she was doing this for him.

His mothers expression changed from an angry one to a guilty one in a mere five seconds, a long sigh left her lips as she walked closer to the male and gently placed her hands on his face, lifting his head up so she could make eye contact.

"You know I'm doing this for you, right?" She asked him softly, causing Beomgyu to nod slightly. "I want you to be successful in life! You know too many distractions lead to failure, you don't want to ruin your perfection right, Beom?"

Beomgyu stood there silently, even though he knew what words to say in response they just wouldn't come out. So with a tight smile and an understanding nod, he agreed to what she had said, she was right after all.

Love Disaster || taegyu ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara