"But with all of the rumors spiraling around, I guess it's time..." He mumbled, looking straight at Beomgyu with an almost saddened look.

"You know that I like you, right?"

Beomgyu stood there in shock, processing the three words Soobin said that stood out to him the most. Staring at the elder in shock, he could feel his world freeze as a warm blush spread across his cheeks and his heart raced up, his mouth gaped open by how unexpected this was.

Soobin noticed the males shocked expression, his eyes widened as he backed up from the male. "I'm sorry! I...I should've known that would put more stress on you!"

No matter how badly he wanted to respond to the elder, saying he liked him back...

He knew it wasn't his place to do that, he wasn't meant for Soobin.

"I just..." The blonde spoke up after noticing the awkward silence on Beomgyu's end. "I just felt like because of that everything got awkward between us and it made you pressured, that's why you told me to talk to others, which is understandable."

"So if it's okay with you...Is it okay if we still remain friends? Please don't let my mistakes break our friendship apart, i'm certain Yeonjun wouldn't want that either."

This is what Beomgyu wanted, to have Soobin not like him anymore.

"Ah! No worries!" The male instantly smiled, his pure joy agenda back on display, startling the male in front of him. "I'd love nothing more than that, thank you for telling me this, hyung!"

Yet... Beomgyu thought, tuning out Soobin little rant of how happy he was that things weren't awkward between them. He tried his best to not left his smile falter. For some reason...

I feel so disappointed...

ʚ♡ɞ

Beomgyu sighed softly, it had been an entire hour since his conversation with Soobin.

He tried his best to distract himself with all of these random art supplies Huening Kai threw at him the moment he entered the classroom, but the entire time it was like his mind was in a whole other place.

Staring off into space, he dragged his paint brush across the canvas mindlessly. Just stroking random lines in random places as he sighed heavily time to time.

Soobin hyung likes me... something that I had always hoped for. He thought, his grip on the paintbrush loosening a bit as he dove deeper into his heavy thoughts. I feel so conflicted...

I'm supposed to be a good friend for Yeonjun.

I have to make Yeonjun and Soobin happy, they're meant for each other.

I can't be selfish, I won't be selfish. Yeonjun will be happy, and so will Soobin.

If only—

"Hey, Choi Beomgyu, you dropped the paint brush."

The sudden feeling of a soft hand brushing against his made Beomgyu instantly snap out of his daze, looking over to the side his eyes widened in an instant seeing how close Kang Taehyun was next to him, their faces almost inches apart.