It was a picture of Liv and Max cuddled up on Liv's couch.

Liv smiled and Max smiled back. Max put down her paper and motioned Liv to come over. Liv stood up from her spot and straddled Max.

Max leaned her forehead against Liv's as she put her arms around Liv's waist. Liv put her arms around Max's neck and gave her a slow, loving kiss.

Max picked her notepad back up and wrote something down.

I love you <3

Liv smiled and took the notepad out of Max's hand and wrote something down on the next page.

I love you, too <3

Max smiled and gave her another kiss. Lucas, watching the entire thing happen, got more scared. More scared of Liv's reaction if Max didn't make it out alive. He knew that she would be crushed.

A light shining through the window made them all snap their heads towards the window. Lucas quickly looked out the window and saw Erica signaling for them to start phase two.

Lucas picked up his flashling and flickered it back out the window so that Erica knew that they got her signal. Lucas looked back at the two girls. Liv looked at Max and Max gave her a slight nod.

Liv gave Max another quick kiss before getting off of her. They all put their shoes back on and went into the other room to try and lure Vecna upstairs.

Max looked back at Liv before taking off her headphones and pausing her music.

"Hey!" Max raised her voice. "Asshole! I'm here. No more music. No more games." Max waited a few seconds before speaking again. "Do you hear me? What are you waiting for, huh? Come on! Do you want me or not?"

(I think we all want you, Max. Sorry, I know this is supposed to be a serious episode. I'll leave now.)

The lantern on the other side of the room turned off and Max's turned on. Max looked at her lantern and then started to walk up to the attic. 

Lucas and Liv stood a few feet behind as they all walked into the attic. Max's lantern started to get really bright and buzz. A few seconds later the lantern turned off.

"What are you waiting for, asshole?" Max asked. "Hmm? I'm right here. I'm right here! I know you can hear me. I know you can read my thoughts. Even the worst ones. Maybe mostly the worst ones."

Max put her lantern on the box in front of her, along with the walkman that used to be Liv's. She then sat down on the floor. Liv put her hands in her pockets as she watched Max do all of this.

"I thought about what you said." Max started. "About how I wanted my brother to die. I thought that you were just trying to upset me. To anger me. But you weren't, were you? You were just telling the truth. Billy, he made my life a living hell. Every chance he got. So, sometimes... when I would lie in bed at night, I would... I would pray... I would pray that something would happen to him. Something awful. I knew that he drove to fast, so I would imagine him crashing. Dying in that stupid car. I just... I wanted him out of my life. Forever. I wanted him to disappear. The day that he died... I think that's why I just stood there. Watched. Not because I was scared or... weak. But because... I didn't know if he deserved to be saved. Livie has told me many times that it's not my fault and that there's nothing I could have done. I've tried to forgive myself myself. I've tried, but... I can't. I can't. So now... now, when I lie in bed at night... I pray that something will happen to me. That something terrible will happen to me. So that's why I'm here. Because... I just want you to take me away. And I want you... to make me disappear.

"Is that all true?" Liv asked as she didn't make eye contact with Max. "You wanted Billy to die."

"Why are you talking?" Max asked as she looked at Liv.