The Night of Shopping and Family Dinners

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong Jonnyboy? Having a little trouble keeping your cool?" I teased the tall boy.

"No I am perfectly calm. Calm, cool, and collected that's me!" He smiled down at me. I could tell he was lying so I wanted to see how far I could get with this.

"Oh yeah Captain Serious? Well I could always use some more groceries I mean that could be pretty damn fun-"

"No that's okay I don't mind doing this. I mean for you and everything." He smirked at me. God he was breathtaking.

"Well then, let's get going. Shall we?" I grabbed his hand and we moved about the mall.

*********
After a very successful day at the mall, Jon and I decided it was time to start making dinner back at his place. We had decided on chicken parmesan and pasta.

I got changed into one of the dresses I had bought today at Forever 21. I walked out and for what seemed like the tenth time today Jon's jaw dropped to the ground.

"Jonathan I just cleaned these floors now your going to get drool all over them!" I fake scolded the boy. He immediately snapped out of his daze and went back to making the pizza. I walk over to the living room to see Pat sitting there watching highlights on the NHL network.

"Sup Peeks?" I ask the boy as I ruffle his hair.

"Nothing much Little Lizzie, you look very nice." He complimented me.

"Well thank you Mr. Kane, I figured I would look nice for the dinner tonight with Jon's parents. I don't want them to hate me, I feel like I have that effect on parents." Pat and I laughed, however, I was actually worried about this.

Jon made me happy. He made me feel special and...wanted. I didn't want his parents not liking me. He was such an important person in my life and I couldn't bare to lose him.

"Don't even worry about it Liz I'm sure they will think the world of you." Pat reassured me.

"I hope so. So are you and Amber going to eat with us?" I ask him.

"No actually we have plans at a restaurant but I'll let you know how it goes," he tells me," so, is this awkward for you? You know, me dating you sister?"

"Hey if she makes you happy, I'm happy. Don't worry about me." I say to him. He pulled me in for a hug.

I broke away once I heard a knock at the door. Mr. and Mrs. Toews walked through the door and brought their son in for a hug. They seemed like such loving people.

"Liz, darling! Don't be shy!" Andrée pulled me in close to her for a nice hug. Bryan did the same as his wife.

"Something smells amazing in here! What's cooking?" Bryan asked the two of us.

"Chicken Parm, courtesy of me." Jon answered cockily.

"Well than, let's eat!" Bryan announced.

Patrick and my sister had just left once we started to eat. To be honest, it wasn't awkward at all eating with this family. I felt....safe I guess you could say. They just made me feel like I was cuddled up next to a fire on a cold night. It was a nice sense of security.

"So how long have you two been seeing each other?" Andrée asked while cutting her chicken.

"Well we've been friends for about two months but Liz didn't fall under my spell until about a month ago." Jon smirked at me. I kicked him under the table. He muttered an ow.

Dinner went on as normal as it could be. We talked, we laughed, and the Toews told old stories about little Jon so eventually we laughed some more. It was like we knew each other our whole lives.

"Well, it's getting late, Bryan would you like to get going?" Andrée asked her husband.

"Yeah we should probably head back to the hotel. It was nice seeing you son, we'll be at the game tomorrow night. Will you be there Liz?" Bryan asked me. I hadn't planned on going, honestly. Sometimes I forget that I can get in for free. Oops.

"She'll be there." Jon promised his parents. Well I guess I'll be going! I have no problems with that.

After his parents left Jon and I met face to face in the kitchen. "So Mr. Toews I take it that's my invitation to the game tomorrow?" I asked the tall boy who brought me in for a hug.

"I guess I should probably ask you. Liz would you like to come to my game tomorrow night?" He asked me.

"Hm I think I'm busy actually," he looked disappointed at my joke,"seriously, you thought I of all people had plans? Of course I'll be there!"

His face lit back up again. "Great but you can't wear your Keith jersey."

"Why not?! He is the best player on the team." I told him. Jon didn't find that very funny. Instead he went into the living room and came back with a fancy new 'Toews' jersey.

"Much better," I looked at the jersey with fake disgust, "awe c'mon Liz! I got a lot of shit for buying that jersey from the team at least try it on." He looked at me and pouted his lip. "Pleeaassseee!"

"Okay okay!" I put it on, "It feels like any other jersey." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Okay it feels a little bit better." His hands trailed my body. "Wow this jersey feels pretty damn great."

The night ended pretty damn well. And I got a free jersey out of it.