The corner of Wednesday's mouth twitched upwards for a moment.

"What happens to you?"

"I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones," Wednesday stated.

"I don't do all of that," ( Y/n )'s eyes went wide and she shook her head.

Wednesday smirked.

"That's awful," Enid said nervously, thinking about the tips of her own hair.

"Luckily, we've special ordered you a uniform. Girls, please take Wednesday to the registrar's office to pick it up with a copy of his schedule, and give him a tour along the way," Weems smiled.

Wednesday was the first one out of the room, Enid skipping and ( Y/n ) strutting behind him.

"NEVERMORE WAS founded in seventeen-ninety-one to educate people like us," Enid informed Wednesday as they walked down the steps to the lower level of the school. "Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favorite marginalized group here-"

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch," Wednesday interrupted. "I don't plan on staying here for long."

"Why not?" ( Y/n ) asked.

"This was my parents' idea," Wednesday turned towards a picture of his mother when she was younger, standing with the fencing team. "Oh, look, there's my mother smirking at me."

"They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."

"What plan?" Enid asked excitedly.

"To turn me into a version of themselves."

"In that case, maybe you can clear something up," ( Y/n ) began. "Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled some strings to get you off."

Wednesday chuckled. "Actually it was two kids, but who's counting?"

Enid opened two, wooden, double doors that led to an outside area enclosed by the school's walls. Multiples of students were walking around and hanging out.

"Welcome to the quad," ( Y/n ) said.

"It's a pentagon," Wednesday deadpanned.

Enid sighed. "The whole snarky, goth boy thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different."

"How about you give him a wiki on Nevermore's social scene?" ( Y/n ) suggested, trying to veer away from the tension.

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés," Wednesday informed.

"Well, then use it to fill your bottomless pit of disdain," ( Y/n ) said, evidently annoyed by his negativity.

Wednesday glared down at her, being at least a foot taller than the girl. She glared back and he was shocked to see her hold eye contact for so long. He knew there was something different about her since he met her a few minutes ago, but he could not put his finger on it.

"There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners, and Scales," Enid listed.

( Y/n ) pointed to a group of people who were all drinking blood on a picnic table. "Those are the Fangs, also known as vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades."

"That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, or werewolves," Enid gestured to a table of people who began to howl in greeting as she passed by. "Like me!" She stated proudly.