chapter fifty-eight

Start from the beginning

Professor Sprout came hurrying forwards out of the crowd and grabbed Trelawney's other arm. Together, they guided her inside.

Umbridge was standing stock-still, staring at Dumbledore. "And what," she said, in a whisper that carried all around the courtyard. "Are you going to do with her once I appoint a new Divination teacher who needs her lodgings?"

"Oh, that won't be a problem," said Dumbledore pleasantly. "You see, I have already found us a new Divination teacher, and he will prefer lodgings on the ground floor." He turned to face the open door and Amy could hear hooves. There was a shocked murmur around the courtyard and those near the door moved even further backwards, some of them tripping over in their haste to clear a path for the newcomer.

Amy could only see white-blond hair and astonishingly blue eyes. It wasn't until he was fully outside that she saw the head and torso of a man joined to the palomino body of a horse.

"This is Firenze." said Dumbledore happily to a thunderstruck Umbridge. "I think you'll find him suitable."

***********************************************************************************************

"I can't believe I just enjoyed a Divination lesson." Blaise said as they headed back to the castle after their lesson with Firenze.

"That man - I mean Centaur knows his shit." Theo said causing them all to nod in agreement.

"Anyway, can we please go down to the kitchens tonight, I'm craving a sugar rush." Blaise stated.

"Of course." Amy replied, not even having to think twice.

"No can do Zabini." Enzo answered.

"And why is that?" Blaise questioned.

"I'm being dragged out to some star show tonight." He replied making Blaise shake his head while muttering, "of course."

"That's so cute." Iris said.

"That's so stupid." Blaise stated.

"Oh yeah, Daphne was talking about going out there to watch them earlier." Amy said, recalling the memory from the breakfast table.

"Greengrass is going?" Blaise asked suddenly perking up.

"Apparently." Amy answered. Blaise then smirked and turned to Enzo. "Thanks for the date idea mate." He said as he ran towards a group of Slytherin girls walking inside the castle, "Hey Greengrass!" They heard.

Enzo rolled his eyes then turned to the rest of them. "Why don't you two go?" he asked, aiming the question to Amy and Theo. The couple looked to each other and shrugged, not overly fussed about going. "Like a uh..like a...double date?" Theo asked visibly cringing.

"No mate, I ain't that soppy." Enzo replied and Theo looked a little relieved. "Hmm.. I don't see why not then." He said. Amy smiled at the date idea, she caught Iris standing there looking a bit awkward. Amy felt bad for leaving the girl alone and went to invite her until the brunette girl spoke up. "Oh! Uh, no don't worry about me. I've got loads of stuff to do anyway." She said quickly. "You sure?" Amy asked. "Believe me, I do not want to be third-wheeling with you guys, no offense." She replied.

She turned back to Theo who looked liked he was about to ask Mattheo if he wanted to come but he shot it down immediately, "Not a chance."

"Yeah I saw that coming." Theo said.

By the end of their conversation, they were back inside the castle and made their way down to the Slytherin Common Room. Blaise was already there as he was talking to Daphne and it seemed as though his plan had worked. "I'll see you and blondie tonight Berkshire." He said as he walked up the stairs to their dorms. "Fantastic." Enzo replied sarcastically, following after him.

"I'll get you at ten." Theo said to the blonde.

"I'll be waiting." She replied as Mattheo placed his hands on Theo's shoulders and turned him around then they followed after Blaise and Enzo.

"Come on." Iris said as she linked her arm round Amy's, "I'll do your hair."

The time was 9:56pm when Amy was dressed and now seated on her bed as Iris used some muggle contraption to straighten the girls hair. "So is this like your first official date?" She asked.

"I guess." She replied as she watched strands of her hair drop down being dead straight.

"You nervous?" The brunette asked as she carried on doing her hair.

"No," she answered honestly. "We've hung out together basically since birth so what's so different now?"

"The sexual tension." Iris said bluntly.

Amy sighed knowing that she shouldn't have asked that question.

"I'm kidding." She said, "That tensions been there for the last three years."

"Please stop." Amy begged.

"I'm just saying." She replied. "You remember we got the talk from Madame Pomfrey in third year." She said, bringing up memories that Amy wished to have to think about again.

"I feel bad that the boys got it from Snape." Amy said and cringed from the thought. Luckily the conversation didn't go any further as there was a knock at the door.

Iris put the straighteners down and Amy got up and opened the door to see Theo patiently waiting on the other side. "Right on time Theodore." She said.

"I'm a man of my word." He replied. Amy stepped out of the room and stood by his side. Iris came to the door and looked at the couple. "Have fun lovebirds." she teased. "Oh and have her back by one. Its a school night Nott." She said sounding like Enzo.

"Will do ma'am." he said. Amy waved to the girl as they began walking away.

"What were you two talking about?" Theo asked.

"You do not want to know."