𝐓𝐄𝐍. 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒅

✩ ⍟ ✩

✩ ⍟ ✩

After the battle, everyone gathered at Pepper and Tony's cabin in the woods. Pepper had led everyone out of the house, holding a wreath. It contains Tony's first Arc reactor within the flowers. She took slow strides as she passed everyone who attended. Pepper and Morgan stood on the dock, and she bent down, placing the wreath in the water. It slowly drifted away as Pepper stared at the words engraved on the reactor: Proof that Tony Stark has a heart.

Behind Pepper and Morgan stood Rhodey and Happy, who pulled each other in a side hug. They were both Tony's closest friends, and they had lost him. Standing behind them was everyone else. They all stood in respective groups dressed in black, paying respect to the man. Mari stood beside Sam, holding his hand, leaning her head on his shoulder. With them was Bucky, who Sam put a hand on his shoulder, knowing the man never got to apologize to Tony for what he did.

Everyone who had ever known Tony had attended. Even the young boy Tony met in Tennessee years ago who wasn't so young anymore, Harley. Everyone watched in silence as the wreath floated away.

👽

"Remember." Bruce began opening a briefcase. Inside were the infinity stones showing Steve. "You have to return the stones at the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce explained. Steve nodded, closing the case and locking it. "Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." He said. Mari stood with Sam and Bucky off to the side as they watched Steve.

Bruce looked at the case, "You know I tried." He paused, making Steve glance at him. "When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back. I miss them, man." Bruce said. "I know," Steve said with a somber look. "You know, if you want, I can come with you." Sam offered to Steve. They walked towards the quantum tunnel they had set up in the woods. Mari and Bucky watched them from the side in silence.

Steve smiled at Sam, "You're a good man Sam. This one's on me, though." Steve said, then nodded at Mari. "Plus, you have Mari, remember." They both looked at Mari, who smiled, causing them to smile back. They turned back to each other, and Sam nodded, and Steve then approached Bucky. "Don't do anything stupid 'till I get back," Steve said, making Mari chuckle. "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky said, cracking a smile, and the duo hugged.

"Gonna miss you buddy." Mari heard Bucky say, making her furrow her brows. "It's gonna be okay, Buck," Steve said back, then looked at Mari. Steve immediately brought the young girl he's grown to adore into a hug. Mari hugged Steve back, "Why does this feel like a goodbye? Like I'm never gonna see you again?" Mari asked on the super soldier's shoulder. Steve pulled away, sighed, and smiled down at the girl. "Take care, okay Mari," Steve said, and Mari nodded, getting her answer.

Steve kissed the top of Mari's head before walking to the quantum tunnel pad. The quantum suit forms over his Captain America uniform as he steps on the pad. "How long is this gonna take?" Sam asked, glancing at Bruce. Bruce worked with one hand as the other was in a brace and glanced at Sam. "For him? As long as he needs. For us? Five seconds." He answered.

"Ready, Cap?" Bruce asked, and Steve nodded. "Alright, we'll meet you back here, okay?" Bruce asked as Steve picked up Mjolnir to return to the past. "You bet." He said, but Mari knew the truth. "Going quantum in three...two...one." Bruce activated the portal, and Steve disappeared. Mari sighed, knowing Steve was gone and she wouldn't see him again. "And returning in five...four...three...two...one." But Steve never reappeared back on the pad. "Where is he?" Sam asked.

"I don't know. He blew right by the time stamp. He should be here." Bruce responded slightly, panicking. "He should be here." Mari sighed again, knowing Bruce wouldn't be able to get Steve back. "We'll get him back," Sam said. "I'm trying," Bruce said as Mari approached Sam. She grabbed his hand, making him turn to her, and she shook her head. "Sam," Bucky called out, looking at something in the distance. Mari and Sam approached from behind and saw what Bucky was staring at. A few yards away, on a bench facing the lake, was an elderly man. "Go ahead."

Mari stayed beside Bucky as Sam walked up to the elderly Steve. She watched as they talked for a while, catching up. Mari turned to Bucky; seeing his face hurt, she squeezed his hand. He squeezed her hand back, turning to the girl smiling at her. Mari faces back to Sam and Steve, seeing that Sam had Steve's shield in his hand. Mari smiled, seeing that Steve wanted Sam to continue the legacy of Captain America.

👽

"So what happens now?" Mari asked Sam as they were in a car driving. The duo was heading to Louisiana to see their family after everything. "What do you mean?" Sam asked, glancing at Mari in the passenger seat before the road again. Mari had a lollipop in her mouth and her feet up on the dashboard. "I mean, it's been five years where we didn't exist. Now what?" She asked, and Sam didn't know what to say.

"Do I go back to school? I mean, I should be an adult right now, but I'm still a teenager." Mari said, then thought for a second. "I missed my seventeenth birthday," Mari said. Sam glanced at his daughter again, then looked back at the road. "I'm not sure. But we'll figure it out together, okay?" Sam said, looking at the girl next to him with a smile. Mari nodded, smiling back, "Okay." Sam faced back towards the road, "And if you see somewhere you want to stop along the way, we can. To make up for missing your birthday."

"Really?" Mari asked excitedly, and Sam nodded. "Yeah." He said. "Thanks, Dad. I love you." Mari said, looking at her father with love in her eyes. "I love you too, Mari. Never forget that." Sam said, looking back at Mari for a second, then at the road. Mari smiled brighter before facing the road, "I won't."

A/N:
avengers infinity war and endgame is now down. next is the Falcon and the Winter soldier series which i'm excited about because i have a lot planned for Mari.
i'm not sure if i want to end this book after tfatws show or if i want to do Wakanda Forever. or if i want to wait till New World Order comes out but that's a ways away.
i'm still debating what to do. if i do end the book after the show probably when the movie comes out i'll write for that.
for the show i'm still in the process of writing it but it shouldn't take me long to finish so that will be published soon for u guys.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!!!