Ajax pulled on his beanie tightly, "No-no , I wouldn't stone anyone , atleast not on purpose". The Gorgon whispered the last words , but Mortez was very good in linguistics , he could read the other boy's mouth. The Addams boy thought of groaning , the Gorgon obviously had self confidence issues and he cringed; if he was going to compete for Enid's feelings , his advesary could be atleast blood thirsty.

                   "Then why are you eyeing me like some stalker? You have been staring for about a few good pages since you entered as I read."

                     "I ..guess I wanna apologize for saying those stupid things about you and your sister."

                    "Why are you apologising?" Mortez was genuinely surprised , he and Wednesday were very used to rumors circulating about them , "you weren't exactly beside the mark. Though , if you gossip about me and my sister , we prefer the information to be accurate and precise. Wednesday is no cannibal , but we do have a cousin who is."

                 Ajax just stared at Mortez in mild surprise , shock and some kind of amusement , "Still. It was a dick move. I haven't exactly made a good impression as a roommate , first I forgot about giving you a tour and then spreading stuff about you that wasn't in a good light."

                   Mortez rose a brow , "is there any other kind of light?" To an Addams, what Ajax just said was basically a compliment , but Mortez knew how to read people and emotions properly and knew the Gorgon wasn't exactly complimenting.

           "Besides , I don't care you weren't around , honestly , I don't believe in first impressions , unless it is necessary. And second ,  if you are worried that I might deliver retribution on you for what you said , there is nothing to fear." Mortez gave Ajax a fake smile that seemed so genuine ,  the only thing Ajax had to worry was being Mortez's adversary for Enid , "Wednesday on the other hand is most likely going to punish you for implying that she's a cannibal."

                    Ajax gulped making Mortez smirk a little; that was a lie , he knew Wednesday was only mildly affected by the cannibal assumption but it was very unlikely for her to torture someone for such a petty rumor. Mortez only said it to make Ajax scared.

                The Gorgon chuckled nervously , "you're less scary than your sister."

                   "I , unlike Wednesday can engage in social interactions , but don't let that and my smiles  make you think , I'm the ...", Mortez made a disgusted noise expression on his face and gagged as if the mere words pained him , "nice twin. I'm just as morbid and sadistic."

                People always tended to believe just because he smiled alot and was excellent at pleasantries, Mortez was the nice twin. He hated that fake assumption , it's one of the reasons anytime he was befriended , they left after getting to know him , because he was and he quote: a sicko like his sister. Its not his fault people read the wrong signals about him and not into his interests.

                       Ajax slowly nodded , a little bit frightened,  that made Mortez smile , "atleast , you're a better roommate than my last one."

                    "What happened to him?"

               "Whose him?" Mortez resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the Gorgon ; Enid was indeed right about Gorgons stoning themselves too much .

                      "Your previous roommate." He deadpanned.

                     "Oh," Ajax blushed , "right . Rowan is his name. The dude barely said few words to me while we roomed together. Rowan is a little weird , loner so too speak , but again acts like some snob because his mother was a student here and his dad is on the board."