The Twins Birthday Parties

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I love pudding. I worship it. I have a bowl up on the mantel at home with the Virgin Mary, a glass of wine, and a dollar bill next to it." Lorelai explained happily looking at her dessert. "We've never had pudding from a crystal bowl before. Somehow it tastes better than normal." Lola chirped dancing in her seat a little. 

"You like the bowl?" Emily asked her oldest granddaughter who nodded, smiling at the bowl. "Put a post-it on it when you're done." Lola giggled but nodded at her grandmother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, how would you guys like two parties this year?" Lorelai asked joining her daughters in the jeep. Lola leaned forward from the backseat leaning on the counsel. "You couldn't get her to cave." Lola sighed, she knew it was a long shot but she wanted to keep the tradition of their Stars Hollow birthday party.

"No, but she did agree to make the string quartet to learn 'Like A Virgin.'" Lorelai offered making the twins sigh in disappointment. "Well, you tried." Rory said as Lola leaned back into her seat. "Sweetie, I promise, Saturday night we'll do it up right at home. A Stars Hollow extravaganza." The mother of two promised her daughters.

"So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?" Lola asked, running a hand through her hair. "Not really. The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbra Streisand will give her final concert...again."

"Uh huh." The twins hummed nodding their heads.

"Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them. However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming and they're bringing chips."

"You ask a simple question." Rory complained leaning her head on the headrest while Lola rolled her eyes, she was ready to go to bed already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lola leaned against her locker as she waited for Rory to grab her stuff. "I'm telling you, my grandma sense's are going off. She did something." The shorter twin explained, playing with braid, Rory rolled her eyes putting in her locker combination.

Tristan and Nathan approached and the older twin narrowed her eyes, pushing off the lockers. "Hey." Nathan greeted leaning against a locker while Tristan moved over to Lola. "What, Nathan?" Rory scoffed while Tristan smiled sheepishly. "We just wanted to say happy birthday." The younger Dugray twin said. "Do you not drag me down with you." Tristan said quickly catching Lola's attention.

"It's not our birthday." Lola said narrowing her eyes at Nathan, crossing her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow. Tristan quickly caught her attention by passing her an invitation. "No, but it will be. 'On Friday at 4:03 and 4:15 in the morning, Lorelai Olivia, and Lorelai Leigh --" Nathan read out loud as Lola's eyes scanned the paper, Rory quickly snatched it out of his hands.

"What is that?" Rory questioned reading it over before making eye contact with her twin who looked horrified, an identical paper in her hands. "Who else got these?" Lola asked the blonde twin who frowned in concern. "I don't know. Everyone in our class, I think." Tristan said making Lola scoff and pass the invitation back to the blonde. "We have to go." Rory said closing her locker.

"We'll see you Friday birthday girls." Nathan called after the twins.

Lola squeezed Tristan's arm before linking hands with her twin. "You're a dick." The Gilmore twins heard before leaving that hallway, turning into another where they saw multiple students holding the invitations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The twins stumbled into Luke's after the horror show that they call school, Rory looked frustrated while Lola looked upset, though she tried not to show it. Lola could not believe her grandmother did that, the woman definitely knew how to grate on her families nerves.