◇ chapter 3 ◇

Start from the beginning

Sunghoon wipes my tear away. I looks down, "sorry I didn't realized I was crying" I says not turning away from the ground.

" it's okay y/n," Sunghoon says with a reassuring smile.

That smile- I missed that.

"Let's go y/n," jongseong says patting my head. Making me surprised at his action I look up at him, wow he's gotten so tall.

"Looks like I did grow taller than you," jongseong says with a smirk, looking down at me. Okay- I deserve that, I used to make fun of him for being shorter than me.

"Okay- I deserve that one" I say with a pout, making jay and sunghoon giggle at my comment.

"Well- I've always been the taller one out of the two of you anyway." Sunghoon jokes, making both me and jay glare at him playfully.

"Hey! You're only taller than me by a centimeter!" Jay spats at sunghoon who lets out small chuckle.

"Respect your elders!" Jay jokingly spats at sunghoon once more, making me and sunghoon laugh.

"Jay- you're older than me by a couple minutes" Sunghoon reminds Jay, Jay just stares at Sunghoon with a small glare, making me and sunghoon start laughing again.

"Okay- okay guys stop arguing" I say as we get close to my front door step of my house. I see the lights are on in my house... wait- my mom shouldn't be home until next week.

"G-guys-" I say cursing myself for stuttering, they'll get worries if I sound alarmed.

"Y/n, is your mom home? We want to greet her, we missed her a lot too" jay say. Making me look at him with a smile. But I look back at my house, I should tell them to come with me and tell them and not be too selfless about this. I think to myself before I talk, "I would like you guys to greet my mom, b-but she's not home- she shouldn't be home 'till next week, since she'son a business trip" I tell them trying to keep calm.

"Then why are your light on, in your house?" Sunghoon asks a bit confused. I look at them with a worried, look on my face.

"I-I don't know, can you guys come with me to check?" I ask them. They both nod their heads and we go in. We make sure to be really quiet.

O-oh no- n-not him-. He's standing in front of the counter near the fridge in our kitchen we freeze before continuing. I start to panic a little.

"Y-y/n are you okay?" Sunghoon asks me noticing my distress as we see who is in my house. But how did he find us!? And how is he not in jail! I thought to myself, as I look at him with worry and a touch of anger in my eyes.

'Y-yes i-I'm-" I get cut off by the man I despise.

"Darling! It's been a while, it's nice to see you again, look how much you've grown, you cut you beautiful hair off!? I told you not to cut it!" He yells as he starts to approach me.

I didn't say anything I just hoped he didn't come any closer to me, I don't want to break out in a panic attack right here, no in front of them, I don't want them to see me like that. He comes a couple steps further, before I feel an arm on my shoulder, suddenly the arm pulls me, a broad back is in front of me all of a sudden. I look up and see silver hair. Its sunghoon I sigh to myself.

Author's pov

"Stay away from her" Jay says with a deep and intimidating tone catching y/n by surprise.

"And who the hell are you!?" The man questions Jay standing up straight trying to look more intimidating. But doesn't work on Jay. Jay, give him a piercing glare. "o- I remember you, you! and you!" The man points at Sunghoon and Jay.

"You're the kids that used to butt into our family business all the time!" The man says still pointing in our direction, making y/n slowly peak from behind Sunghoon.

"You're not supposed to be here," Sunghoon states, making the man look up in frustration.

"Who the hell are you to tell me what to do kid" the man suddenly takes a closer step to sunghoon, but sunghoon is quick to step back. "Don't come any closer" sunghoon warns the man.

"911 whats your emergency" we pause looking to the direction the voice is coming from and its Jay, he has his phone out. "I would like to report a violation of a restraining order, the man is in the victims house me and my brother are trying to keep the victim safe, we are in xxxx W xxxx" Jay ends the call.

"You little-" the man says before throwing a punch in Jay's direction. Luckily Jay caught the punch an redirected him to land on the wall behind them. "Son of a-" the man is interrupted by the sound of the police arriving.

Jay then makes his way on the other side of y/n, "y/n its okay, you'll be okay" Jay reassures y/n as she nods, "thank you guys" she says softly.

The man is then taken by the police and y/n lets out a heavy sigh of relief once they are gone. Y/n walks to her couch and plops on there. "H-hey" she calls out softly, "what's up?" Jay responds as he too sits on the couch next to her. "You want us to stay the night dont you?" Sunghoon says as he also takes a seat on the single arm rest chair next to the 2 seat couch.

"I-i- " she stutters looking down in embarrassment.

"Y-yes please" y/n finishes still looking down feeling her ears heat up at her own request.

"Sure," sunghoon and Jay answer in unison making y/n look up and giggle, "you guys haven't changed at all" y/n comments. Jay and sunghoon chuckle with her, "is that a bad thing?" Sunghoon asks. "N-no its not bad" she says looking at him.

Grrrr~

"Oop- sorry-" y/n says in embarrasment.
"Okay guys let me make something for dinner,im starving too" Jay says as he start getting up from the couch making sunghoon and y/n laugh at him.

Jay and sunghoon are half vampire, vampire princes to be exact but he doesn't need human food to survive, he doesn't like drinking human blood either, but they use substitutes for blood feeding, but it's not the same as drinking fresh human blood, their powers are still pretty powerful due to their royal blood, but blood from the right person, can amplafy their powers to a great extent.

What and eventful day it's been. Y/n thinks to herself as she follows Jay to help him out.

"Jay let me help you," y/n offers as she walks into the kitchen. "No it's okay, just relax it's been a long day for you" he says making a shooing motion. She walks back to the couch with a pout on her face. Sunghoon chuckles at her action.

"I'll go help him" sunghoon says as he gets up from the couch. "Its okay Hoon! Keep her company" Jay yells out. "Of course" sunghoon says sitting back down on the couch.

Sunghoon's pov

Me and y/n are waiting for Jay to finish the food. Me and jay don't really need human food to survive but y/n is human, she needs food. We don't want her to eat alone. Oh how much I missed her~

She got a bit taller over the past years. Her hair- its shorter now, a little above shoulder length, it looks good on her. She has always been beautiful in my eyes. Even when we were kids I liked looking at her when she smiled at the sky, she used to wish she could fly. We would always go to the park together with Jay and go on the swings. She loved the swings, she would say that it was the closest thing to flying. With my power I can make that wish come true, one day~ I hope she accepts me as a half vampire.

"Hoon, are you okay?" You've been pretty quiet" y/n suddenly says snapping me out of my deep thought. I look at her and she gives mea worried look. How can she look so cute even when she's worried, I thought to myself feeling my ears burn a little.

"I'm okay y/n, sorry i was just thinki-" "food is ready!" I get interrupted by Jay's sudden announcement.

We both look at the kitchen, "its okay hoon, tell me later" she says before heading to the kitchen. I walk behind her heading to the kitchen table, we get a plate of food before taking a seat.

"Thank you for the food!" Y/n suddenly blurts out.

"Enjoy!" Jay says.

-------------

Hopefully you guys like this chapter!!